Chapter 21: harley

"Do you remember anything, Harley?", Chadwick asked, giving him some water to drink.

"Nothing... I just remember being run over", he looked up at Tyler.

"...sorry about that, man", Tyler chuckled.

"Where are you folks headed?", He questioned, standing up to stretch out.

"We're on our way to a possible safe heaven up in San Diego", Chadwick answered.

"San Diego? I haven't been there, but I'll tell you what place is crawling with these here parasites, Colorado. Damn place is full of them", He shouted.

"Wow, ... My brother lived in Colorado", Kiara trailed off.

Tyler looked at her with pity.

"How do you know about Colorado?", I asked.

"I was there a little while ago. That's all I remember. That place was swarming with those bitches", He shook his head

Ron snorted and i frowned.

"Well we can't leave you here, how about you join us in San Diego", Tyler suggested.

"I'd like that", he smiled.

"Okay, then it's settled, You can be in a car with Kiara and I", Tyler declared.

"Sounds good to me", Ron answered and got back in the car. I followed and as soon as everyone was back in their cars, we started for the road again.

---------------

We made another pit stop in a convenience store to fill up on some gas and look for food, Harley went inside to clear out the story with Chad and Ron and I filled up the cars while the rest of the ground relaxed a bit.

"Chadwick, I remember something." Harley whispered.

"What is it?", Chad said stuffing some food in this duffle bag.

"I... I know someone, they're in San Diego. But I'm not sure if they're still there".

"Well that's great now they can help you remember a little more about yourself", Chad smiled taking the food out to distribute it.

"Chadwick! No no I mean I know someone in San Diego that knows the cure", Harley whispered

"...what?", Chad took Harley inside the store. "What do you mean how can that be?!"

"There's a big research center in SD, after the outbreak my friend, he wouldn't give up on finding a cure. He tried everything and almost went crazy doing so but he knows the cure! He found it and no one would listen to him"

"How do you know it's the cure?"

"I saw it happen with my own eyes Chadwick! I remember. He injected one of those things with something, they didn't react at first but 3 days later, they started to turn back. After 3 week they had come back. They were human again. Their appearance that of someone with normal skin and hair and everything", Harley gushed

"How can that be?!"

"... It only works on those recently bitten. Once they turn it counters the attack. And it makes those human who have been injected immune", he explained.

"... Have you been injected?", Chad questioned

Harley nodded and pointed towards the needle but mark he had on his arm.

"You're tryin to tell me you're immune? How can I believe that what if you're just making all this up", He scratched his head.

"Chad if I have to get bitten by one of those things just to show you then so be it. If I turn you can kill me", he proposed.

"No no I'm goin to take your word for it. We need to find your friend"

----------------------------------

Hey everyone it's been so long lmao so I've been lazy and busy to write and idk man I feel like no one reads this anymore so I was like sigh why bother I'm probably not getting many reads on this, if at all any, but I just wanted you guys to know that I'm back idk if I'll update regularly but yea and idk I'm kind of thinking of remaking this story you feel? Like with better dialogue and stuff, but each enjoy! And check out my other story "To Start Over"

-Kat