Chapter 8: I Need To Know

{Rons Point Of View}

Staring at Gibs dead body gave me chills. He was alive a few minutes ago and now, I killed him. I felt a deep sorrow and couldn't help but crying.

With him Being a large man, I couldn't carry Gibson back. It would be rude to drag him but being rude isn't much of a choice. I dragged Gibson back to the house, obviously leaving the buckets of water behind. I knew everyone was going to ask questions and start crying and hysterically asking what his last words were. I guess I'd just have to prepare for that joy ride.

-----
"What's taking Gibson and Ron so long?", Tyler looked over at me.

"I'm not sure... Maybe the water is just heavy?", I suggested.

"... Maybe", he replied as the door opened.

Ron leaned over the door frame, you could clearly tell he'd been crying.

"Ron... What happened", I asked coming closer to him

he wiped his tears away and looked up at me, then back at Gibson's body.

I let out a gasp

Chadwick entered the room and noticed Ron and I.

"What's going on?", he looked out the door way and saw Gibs.

"What the hell happened?!", he shouted on the verge of tears going to check if what he was seeing was true.

"... We were in the lake... Just about to come back with water and then a zombie attacked Gibs from behind. I tried to save him but... Gibson had already been bit. I'm sorry", Ron explained, his voice cracking.

"It's not your fault Ron", I comforted, hugging him.

Tyler was still on the couch trying to conceal tears.

Maria entered the room and noticed us crying "what's going on?", she asked

Everyone was quiet.

Curiously, she looked out the door and saw Chadwick kneeling down next to Gibs body.

"No," she gasped "no no no no, it can't be", crying she ran to her room.

---
Gibson was a close friend, almost like a father to all of us. We couldn't burn him. We couldn't leave him there. We had to burry him. Tyler, Ron, Chadwick, and Milo dug a whole in the back garden space. We all gathered around and said a few words about Gibson and made a cross for him. He was buried and blessed. Everything, but his memory dying with him.

Through out the whole ceremony I noticed Ron looking a little uneasy. He was fussing with his hands and kept touching around his neck. And if I've learned anything about Ron, it's that whenever he's hiding something. He always touched his neck.

After the "funeral" it was only right that I go and talk to Ron, so that is exactly what I did. I followed him up to his room and began my interrogation.

"Hey Ronald", I greeted, sitting on his bed.

"Do you need anything?", he asked.

"Just noticed you looked alittle nervous back there. Anything you want to tell me?"

"Not really..."

"Anything important that happened with Gibs on his last moments?"

"He said he wants us to get through this"

"Anything else"

"Nothing"

"Ronald I know you're not telling me something and I want to know what it is."

"I tell you everything don't i? So don't worry about it."

"It's something important isn't it"

"You're cute when you're asking questions, but it's been a long day, I'll see you in the morning", he pushed me out his room and I had to continue on wondering what he was hiding from me... And I WOULD find out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need to involve alittle more romance up in here so expect romance in the next chapter! Until next time, oh! And the pictures I add to chapters are usually the characters or the scenarios of things, today's picture is on Connie (portrayed by Lilly Collins).

-kat