ˢⁱˣ

𝐍𝐎𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍❝ ᵀᴴᵁᴿˢᴰᴬᵞ ❞ ∫ ᴬᵀᴸᴬᴺᵀᴬ ᴳᴬ____

❝ ᵀᴴᵁᴿˢᴰᴬᵞ ❞ ∫ ᴬᵀᴸᴬᴺᵀᴬ ᴳᴬ
____

𝐈 𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃 of my grandparent's house. It's been a few weeks since I saw them. I always try to check in on them as much as possible.

Hurt Me So Good by Jazmine Sullivan played through my car speakers as I pulled into their driveway. I turned off the engine of the car and opened the door, getting out.

I grabbed my purse and phone as I closed the door behind me, locking all my car doors. I walked up on the porch and pulled open the screen door. There was my MeMe's wooden porch swing. She already had it decorated for Christmas!

I rang the doorbell and waited for one of them to answer. A few minutes later I hear, "Who is it," my MeMe asked, on the other side of the door.

"MeMe it's Noelani," I answered. Like she didn't have a Ring camera!

I heard the locks on the door unlocking then the door flew open and my smiling grandmother welcomed me, "Oh my— what a surprise! I didn't expect you to come today darling," she says, pulling me into a hug.

We stood there for what felt like forever. "I know MeMe I've been busy but I had to make time to come see you and PawPaw," I told her. She let me inside as she had her arm around my torso.

"I know baby but I'm proud of you and all your hardwork. Me and PawPaw!"

"Steve look who came to visit," MeMe called out. "Sit down. I didn't cook but I have some leftovers if you're hungry."

I sat down on the couch and shook my head, "No ma'am I'm not hungry I ate before I came over," I said.

"Ok so how's the new job," she asks as she sits down in her reclining chair.

I smile. "I love it and all my patients are amazing! I'm part time and I'm still doing the cleaning job too," I explain.

MeMe nods as she speaks, "How's working two jobs now Lani? Is it too much?"

I sighed and sat crisscrossed on the couch. "It's really not bad I'm mainly cleaning on Thursdays and Saturdays or when my regulars or Janice calls me in," I tell her.

"You don't have to clean today," she asks me.

"No ma'am I'm off," I reply.

"Nobody gives you problems at your cleaning job do they?"

I shake my head and laugh, "No ma'am I haven't had any complaints or problems with anyone," I say. "Of course people have their days but—"

"Is that my grandbaby I hear," PawPaw asks as he walks into the room. I get up, smiling.

"Hey PawPaw," I say, giving him a hug. He rubbed my back and looked down at me, "Don't take so long coming to see us you hear," he questioned me.

I nod my head, "Yes sir."

We sat down on the couch and my MeMe sat back in the chair, "How's Phyllis and everyone doing? Have you seen them lately," she asked.

"Yea I spent Thanksgiving with them everyone's doing well," I answer.

"That's good I'll have to go visit them soon it's been forever."

I smile and nod, "Yes I think they'll be at Gam's house for Christmas," I reply.

"Oh well that's even better cause I need some of her dressing."

My MeMe and NaNa have had their issues in the past but they've gotten closer in the past few years! "Have you been Christmas shopping," my PawPaw asked me.

I shook my head, "Nope I'm gonna go next week," I say.

"We've only did a little shopping as well—" My phone rang aloud and I pulled my phone out my pocket.

I read the contact name, Janice. "This is my boss," I respond before answering the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ms. Brown how are you doing today," Janice asks me.

"I'm doing good, you," I question.

"I'm doing well... I don't need you to come in today so you can relax," she jokes. I chuckle as she continues, "I got a call from the Keller's and they're needing a cleaner Saturday. Do you think you'll be able to work that day?"

I nod as if she could see me. "Yes ma'am I can just send me the information," I tell her.

Janice sighed, "Oh thank you so much I think she mentioned she needs you there by ten in the morning but I'll make sure and text you," she explains.

"Okay that's fine."

"Have a good day Ms. Brown," she says.

"You too," I answer.

I pull the phone away from my ear and hang up. "You have to go in," PawPaw asks.

I shake my head, "No I have a cleaning job Saturday," I tell them.

"How does that whole process work? Cause we've never did that before," MeMe questions.

I set my phone down in my lap and speak, "Basically they'll call the office and request a cleaner um most times they'll either choose the person they want to do it if they're regulars or if they don't Janice will call us and whoever takes the job goes."

"So do you have any regulars," MeMe asks me.

I nod my head, "Of course I have four and I love them cause they tip very well," I state.

"Well that's good."

____
𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵. 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦. 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦.