The Day You Were A Bride

"PAIMON YOU FOOL!!!"

The furious aura radiating from Xiao while little Nalini and Vesperus clung to either side of Shenhe's legs petrified the silver haired celestial fairy. Poor Lumine shivering and soaked to the bone due to said fairy's hairbrained scheme to get her to quote on quote "drown" had left her husband furious. The puffed out scrunched up face of little Solis, her brand new red and gold Liyue formal dress fitting quite nicely with little sparrows embroidered around the collar.

Her brother was dressed in formal white, gold, and blue with little jade green rabbits on his shirt. The contempt and hatred that burned from Vesperus as his eyes once a rich harvest gold hue turned red as blood. He hated what he was seeing as the annoying squeaky toy was being chewed out by their father. Both twins could now stand but were still very unsteady on their legs as they felt their aunt's reassuring hands. Said silver haired exorcist also glared with her own disapproval.

"If anything happens to Lumine I'll follow and if anything happens to me she will follow, you foolish ingrate! How many times do I—!?"Xiao began only to be cut off.

"Xiao, you don't need to—!?"Ganyu began but a glance silenced her as the qilin hybrid was helping Lumine dry off.

"No Ganyu, she needs to understand how grave an error she committed here."chimed in Shenhe.

"Bad. Bad Squeaky toy!!"spat Solis.

"No hwurt mama...want to chwase."hissed Vesperus softly with a glare.

"Eek! L-Lumine why won't you say something? Don't make Paimon explain it, please!"pleaded Paimon anxiously. However the first time Lumine was giving her own look of contempt hidden as she rubbed her eyes. Xiao meanwhile was still furious and it showed before Lumine hugged him from behind. For the first time Shenhe and Ganyu see her elven ears poking out from her drenched hair.

"Lumine...?"Xiao sighed as he crossed his arms in understanding, still upset but had calmed down. "Alright, let's hear it."

Paimon gulped nervously, but they listened as Paimon cautiously chose her words so as to not anger her friend's protective husband further. What made her even more nervous was the scarlet eyes of little Vesperus. The little moon god on unsteady legs stumbled over until he was clinging to his mother's leg. Paimon was really not liking the way Lumine's son was looking at her, sizing her up. It was like a hawk cornering it's prey—dangerous and intimidating. But hearing they were looking for a mystery female adeptus intrigued Xiao. But for Shenhe she was confused as to what this "music" was. The twins' eyes however grew bright with innocent puppy-like interest.

They knew what music was! Their mama could play the lyre so could Uncle Ven Ven. Their father played the flute but could also play the lyre. Their mama would always be singing some sort of melody. Then there was Auntie Flower, she had such a pretty and gentle voice. With eagerness Vesperus and Solis giggled as they were each scooped up by their parents and followed Shenhe.

 With eagerness Vesperus and Solis giggled as they were each scooped up by their parents and followed Shenhe