Rebecca

( Stan's POV )

Me and Kyle have been dating for 4 years now, and proms tonight. Kyle asked me to be his date and I'm so excited, we graduate soon and I couldn't be happier to walk across that stage into the arms of someone who loves me. Well, I thought loved me. It was Friday morning and I was at my locker.
" Stan! Can we talk?" Kyle asked, he sounded urgent.
" Sure! What's up?" I went to hug him like we always do, but he pushed me off.
" Im sorry Stan, but I don't think with will work out..."
My eyes filled with tears, not now. I was just starting to get my life together. Not now.
" I- oh... can we still be friends?"
Kyle looks down at me and shakes his head.
" oh... o-ok... well bye Kyle." And I walked off.

( Kyles POV )
" Oh... o-ok... well by Kyle."
Watching Stan cry hurt but it had to be done. I just wish my parents supported me so I could be happy.
As Stan walked off I texted my mother telling her it was done.
My mother ent the word good through with a photo of Stan crying by the tree out front.
Make me feel worse about listening to her I guess.

As I looked out the window I realized Stan never came in for math class. Guess I don't know what it's like to be left by the person you love, then be told you can't be friends either. I just want to hug him, tell him it was my mothers doing, tell him it was Rebecca's move that did this. But I can't even talk to him without my mother getting upset.

I looked to my left and saw where Stan usually sat, it was empty till Rebecca sat down. I wanted to tell her that my boyfriend sat there, then I remembered I broke it off with him.

" Hey! Kyle, remember me? Rebecca?"
" Oh.. hey you look nice!" Rebecca smiled warmly at me, it reminded me of Stan.
Speaking of which Stan walked in the class room as me and Rebecca talked, his face was red and eyes were puffy.
He looked my way and to were Rebecca was sitting, he looked hurt and so don't blame him, even before we were dating he sat there.

" So... do you wanna go to prom with me? I know it's sudden but..."
Rebecca looked at me sympathetically, she then looked at Stan and waved. He just smiled, sadly.
" Can I talk to you in the hall Kyle, I have a question before I answer."
" Sure..?" We both stood up and asked to go to the bathroom, the teacher didn't care so we left.
" Why are you asking me? Aren't you with Stan Marsh?"
I wish I was, is what I wanted to say.
" not anymore... we broke it off this morning."
" and you've already moved on?!"
"Not exactly... don't tell anyone but it's my mother, she doesn't want me dating a boy and threatened to harm him if we didn't end things..."
Rebecca looked at me sympathetically.
" my answer is no, I'm sorry Kyle but you clearly love Stan, I mean the way you look at him like he's your whole world. He needs you Kyle, take him to prom. Don't care about what your mother thinks, you have each other, that's all that matters."
I agreed and we walked back into class to grab our stuff, I was going to talk to Stan but he wasn't there.

( Stan's POV)

After the two walked out of class I knew what they were doing. Fucking in bathroom stalls isn't that as free but they can do what they like.
I ended up falling asleep, the bell rang and I left before anyone else did.

( time skip - after school )

As I walked home I saw Kyle and Rebecca going into his house. I wish Kyle was still next to me, not ahead of me. He seemed happy.

When I saw my house in the distance I saw Mrs. Brofloski at my front door. She waved to whoever was at the door and drove off.
When I opened my front door no one was home, probably was my mother that Kyles mother talked to, she was leaving for work.
I went to my room and flopped on my bed, usually I would be texting Kyle, but todays not like yesterday, or the day before that, or the week before that.