016 | I HATE YOU, I LOVE YOU

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

████████████████████

╰┈➤ I HATE YOU, I LOVE YOU

🏴‍☠️

"Rooster, wait!" Gracie's voice pierced through the noisy atmosphere, filled with desperation and a tinge of panic. Her heart raced, pounding against her chest as she fought to catch her breath.

Rooster's eyes met hers in an instant as he stepped down the ladder. Surprise and excitement flickered in his gaze, hidden beneath a veil of concern. "Galloway? What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be gearing up?" His voice carried a mix of confusion and relief, his heart skipping a beat at the sight of her.

He had been searching for her earlier, and now that she stood before him, he felt a surge of emotions. Fear of potentially losing her gnawed at him. He tried to suppress these feelings, not wanting to unsettle her before the mission.

Gracie took a deep breath, her voice trembling. "I need to be honest with you," she began, her hands shaking slightly. "Just in case I don't get a chance again." Her emerald eyes locked onto his, searching for understanding.

Rooster shuddered, his body tensing as he braced himself for what she might say. He wanted to reach out, to hold her close, but he knew he had to remain composed. He couldn't let his fears and desires psych her out before the mission.

She cleared her throat, her gaze briefly flickering to her feet before mustering the courage to meet his eyes again. Her voice grew steadier, though a hint of vulnerability lingered. "The truth is, Rooster, I hate you one minute and I love you the next."

Rooster's brows furrowed, confusion etching deep lines on his forehead. He struggled to comprehend her words. "What are you saying?" he managed to utter, his voice laced with curiosity and apprehension.

"I'm saying," she clarified, a newfound confidence swelling within her, "that I've come to realize love and hate stem from the same place." Her voice quivered slightly, betraying the intensity of her emotions.

She locked eyes with him, her gaze filled with raw vulnerability. "I love you, Bradshaw, more than anything and anyone, even after all the dumb and hurtful shit you've said and done, and it's fucking killing me."

Rooster's blood pressure spiked at her words, his heart pounding against his chest. A whirlwind of feelings swept through him, a mixture of disbelief, longing, and a profound sense of guilt. He wanted to reach out, to hold her, to tell her that he felt the same, but he was rendered speechless, his mind struggling to process the weight of her confession.