Chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE: the tell

¸„.-•~¹°"ˆ˜¨ вℓσσ∂у мαяу ¨˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸

MARYAM ATHENA PEREZ HAD NOT THOUGHT OF HERSELF AS A DRAMATIC OR OVER-PROTECTIVE, HELICOPTER FREIND. But, apparently Derek did.

"You were shot!" Mary reasoned with the older one.

"Yes. And I healed." Derek simply replied, as if it wasn't a big deal.

"You almost died," Mary continued.

"Yes, and I didn't."

"Why are you speaking like that? You're acting like I'm the crazy one!"

Derek turned to her, raised eyebrow. Then looked below her, which, she was riding her bike along side Derek's car. "I wonder, what you could ever do, to make someone think your crazy." He sarcastically replied, stopping the car. "Just put it in the trunk."

Mary grinned. "See, you came to your senses."

Derek had gotten out of the car, picking up Mary's bike before he put it into the back. He walked back around the car, to the driver's seat. "Mary, you're not driving."

"Why not?" Mary asked back.

"Because the last time you crashed. You're license is suspended." Derek tells her.

"Well, people need to stop getting themselves into danger and I won't need to break speeding laws or crash a car," Mary says pointedly, looking up at him, still in the driver's seat.

"I wasn't in danger."

"Yeah, someone else I know was."

"Get out of the driver's seat."
¸„.-•~¹°"ˆ˜¨ вℓσσ∂у мαяу ¨˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸

They had been tracking the alpha, later grabbing Scott on the way. There was an attack at a video game store, and while Derek and Scott were able to hide at the top of the building, Derek locked Mary in the car.   Mary had gotten out, the seeing  Stiles, she walked up to him. The girl tapped his shoulder, causing him to scream, flailing arms. Everyone turned to him.

Mary raised an eyebrow at him. Stiles cleared his throat. "Sorry. Uh, I mean..." he tried to act non-chalant.  "Ah, Mary, it's such a surprise to see you. Here."

Mary looked at him, head tilted to the side with an amused smile. "Ah, Stiles," she mocked. She looked up, seeing Derek and Scott walk away. She made a quick gesture to Stiles. "Hey, can you give me a ride home?"