Chapter eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN: formality

¸„.-•~¹°"ˆ˜¨ вĻόόȡч мάŕч ¨˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸

"Let me get this straight," Mary spoke, as Scott had been searching his room for his phone. "You, once again, our Derek in danger? What the fuck? I've known Derek for three years and only got him into trouble once. You've known Derek for three days and for him in trouble twenty times already! You suck at being a werewolf."

"Just call my phone," Scott demanded, panicked.

"I don't have your phone number," Mary told him.

"I mean Stiles," Scott argued with her.

"It's not here. Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles asked back.

"I can't afford a new one, and I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek."  Scott answered.

"You can track him by scent." Mary informed. "You just don't know how to do that."

Stiles seems offended, as Scott had said that he was alone. "Well, A) you're not alone, you have me. And Mary's here-"

"Only to help Derek. Not him." Mary speaks.

Stiles continues, as if she said nothing. "and B) didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."

Mary glared. "No, he's not."

"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him." Scott explains.

"All right, so then, just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to find Peter, problem solved." Stiles speaks again.

"Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek!" Scott replied, frustrated. "I can't protect her on my own, which means we either find Derek first--
Just-just help me!"

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that? When he was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior, here?"

"Jackson is a dick, who doesn't deserve to live," Mary speaks up.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die." Scott speaks.

"Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Stiles asked.

"Says something like that again, and I'm turning you to the hunters for being the second beta," Mary snapped.