Confessions of a Virgo (pt. 4)

(This chapter contains explicit content. Reader discretion advised.)

The sun begin to set, painting the sky in shades of orange and pink as I looked out the window, waiting for her. I drove back home after we spent the day together, and we made plans to head out to the Queens Drive-In Theater.

As I waited for her to pick me up, I wondered why she was taking so long. I was starting to grow anxious when I got a text from her:

𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝟹 :) - 𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑
𝚡𝚘𝚡𝚘
𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙱𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕

𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝟹 :) - 𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑 𝚡𝚘𝚡𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚖𝚢 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔𝙱𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕

I walked out the back door of my apartment building to the parking garage and gasped. There she was, leaning against the side of a decked-out van, smiling her bright smile. It was painted all black, with tinted windows and shiny chrome details. She was dressed in a velour tracksuit, looking relaxed and comfortable.

I walked over and hugged her tightly. She pulled back and kissed me softly on the cheek.

"Hey, you," she greeted.

"Hi."

Aaliyah's eyes glanced over my outfit. "Are those Dereon jeans? That ass of yours could stop a train," she murmured.

I laughed, swatting at her arm. "What's all this?" I asked, gesturing to the truck.

"It's for our date," she said, suddenly shy.

Our date?

"A date?" I asked, the word feeling foreign yet thrilling on my lips.

She nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I mean, if you want this to be a date. If-if that's okay with you."

"Of course," I said, pulse racing. "I just wasn't expecting..."

"I wanted to surprise you," she cut in. "Plus there's a bunch of space inside for us to relax, take a look."

She scurried off to the back and when I took a peek of the interior, my jaw dropped. It was spacious and comfortable, decorated with a large seat cushions, recessed mood lighting, a boombox, and containers probably stocked with snacks and drinks. In the very back, there was a floor seating area with pillows and blankets.

I turned to her in wonder, "This is amazing," I marveled. "You really went all out. How did you do this so quickly?"

"I have my ways. Your chariot awaits, m'lady," she said with an exaggerated bow.

"You play too much."

"Maybe so, but you like it."

----

When we arrived at the drive-in, Aaliyah rolled down her window to show the attendee our tickets, a young woman whose eyes went wide with shock.

"Oh my God, you're Aaliyah!" the woman sputtered. She glanced at me and did a double take. "And Beyoncé! What are you two doing here?"