4 - Big Sister

A message from Governor Moore, to the people of Numenara:

"The attack last night...by those....terrorists, will not go unnoticed. We will find those maniacs and bring them to justice. Have no fear, Numenara is in no harm."

Pariah, Dexter, and Lady Ghost stand in front of Moore after he gave the message.

"It is one hundred percent in harm." Lady Ghost said, sternly.

"I don't want to scare the people."

They all glare at eachother. Then suddenly, the door to the office swung open, and Dr. Mitchell wakes through.

"I may have an idea." He said, but not long after was grabbed by Merryph and put into a headlock on the ground.

Moore, alongside Pariah and Dex, looked down at the struggle.

"He just ran past me, I tried to stop him." Merryph grunted, making sure he stayed still.

Camille was still seated. Honestly, she was flabbergasted at the sight of her mentor.

It had been years since he set her on her quest.

"Let him go." Moore finally commanded, and Merryph let Mitchell go.

"You're a very strong woman." Mitchell commented.

"Yeah so what? I'll grab you again."

"Sorry...Dr. Mitchell, I'm the Prime Ghost of Time." The Dr held out his hand to the Governor.

Moore shook it. There was nothing more satisfying to him than a proper hand shake.

"And you two, good to meet again."

Pariah and Dexter both wave nervously.

Mitchell then looks past them at Lady Ghost.

"Lady Ghost, you're alive."

Camille slowly gets up and walks towards Mitchell.

"Doctor...I thought..you were dead.."

"Clearly not." Mitchell holds out his arms, and Camille falls into them.

"I see you've done good to get the two together." Mitchell looks at Pariah and Dexter.

Everyone is quiet for a moment.

"Governor...I'm asking for permission for..us four to investigate these "Monsters"...or terrorists."

"Why? It's my problem."

"Because I believe the being us four are collectively searching for is behind it."

"What the hell, how are so sure?" Lady Ghost asks him.

"I'm not, that's why I said I believed it."

Camille makes a face at him.

"Fine..I'm giving you four permission to search the City."

Pariah notices Merryph's silence.

"Merryph...you know something?"

Merryph looks up at her.

"The Depths of the City...It's dangerous. That's where those....monsters came from."

"Then that's perfect. Pariah, come with me down there. Lady, I want you to stay in the streets and investigate further." Mitchell exclaims.

"What about me?" Dexter asks.

"Who are you again?"

Dexter shrugs.