Fear Can Turn To Love 29

"Alright supper is done and the plates have been put away. Will you tell me now?"

"First off, you want to know about my mask. Correct?"

I smiled slightly and nodded. "Yes, I do."

He took a breath. "I am deformed from birth."

I nodded and looked at him.

"I can understand if you don't want to be with me any longer." He whispered softly as he stood up. "No one wants to be with me." He began to walk towards the door when I stood up.

"What if I do?" I asked as I walked after him. "After everything you said I still want to marry you." I said firmly. "As long as you still want to marry me."

He turned around to look at me. "B-But once you see my face. Erik just knows, that you'll want to leave him!"

I sighed and looked up at him. "Erik, no matter what happens in these next few moments, I need you to trust me."

"I'm is scared." He whispered as he bowed his head and closed his eyes.

"Don't be." I said as I slowly leaned up on my toes and raised my hands to the mask. I untied it and tugged it off.

I leaned back down and took a good look at his face. He was right, the side that he kept covered was deformed.

I smiled slightly. I reached out and placed my hand to his deformed cheek.

He gasped instantly. "H-How?"

"Because, I look with my heart, Erik. Not with my eyes."

"Oh, Christine!" He said as he hugged me. "Thank you! Thank you!"