11. Dominik's Promise

🫧

🫧

SUNDAY
October 21, 2040
9:12 PM

Almost a half hour later, Illy's body was practically buzzing from the drinks that just kept flowing, even though they'd stopped paying for a while now.

The alcohol seeping into her bloodstream cast a hazy filter over her surroundings, blurring the boundaries between strangers and friends and eventually, her inhibitions began to dissolve.

"Welcome, esteemed guests, to a new age of entertainment," A voice came over the speakers, mixing with the energetic music.

The bass thumped as the entire floor transformed into a futuristic cityscape, bathed in neon lights and pulsating with energy. Holographic graffiti artists materialized, showcasing their skills in real-time as their creations came to life.

Projections extended into the crowd, allowing individuals to engage with and become part of the performance.
Eventually, the stage transformed into a breathtaking display of fireworks exploding above the crowd, painting the room in a myriad of colors that seemed to transcend the boundaries of physical space and at the end of the show, the stage lit up with a message from EloTech, delivered by a generic looking virtual character in a white unitard.

"The future is limitless. Together, we can create wonders beyond imagination."

The room erupted in applause as the show ended and the DJ returned, hyping the crowd up with a mix of some of the latest popular music to get the high energy from earlier going again.

"Illy, thank you," Tanisha shouted over the music as she danced closer, putting her hands on her hips "I really needed this."

Illy looked down at her, the way the dress clung to her avatar's every curve, cleavage spilling out, and gave her a lopsided grin, "You look so hot right now."

Tanisha giggled as she pulled her closer, a knowing smirk on her face, and Illy immediately started shaking her head.

"No! We agreed never again!"

"Come on," Tanisha pleaded, grabbing her hands and pulling her in closer, lips brushing against her ear, "It'll be like old times."

Illy shook her head, grinning as she pulled away, "You're trouble."

"We don't have to go too far," Tanisha waggled her brows, "You can say cree whenever you want, babes."

Giving in, Illy rolled her eyes, "Fine, let's do it."

Tanisha had ended up with a concussion the last time because she'd kissed some girl's boyfriend and got the crap beat out of her, but Illy was already long past making any sensible decisions anyways.

Tanisha's lips tugged up at the corners as they both got into position, one hand palm flat out and the other folded into a fist.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" They echoed.