14. Attila's scrutiny

🫧

🫧

MONDAY
October 21, 2040
12:01 AM

Attila stands in his dimly lit office, his gaze lingering on the projection of Illy showering.

For the past year and a half, he has been watching over her from afar, silently observing while ensuring her safety, protecting her when he saw fit, but now, everything is about to change.

In just a few hours, the woman who holds a special place in his heart, who he had been watching from a distance, will soon step into his world.

He'll be able to touch her again for the first time in twelve long years.

The thought thrills him.

She will be his to toy with soon.

The years have been kind to her, enhancing her beauty and strengthening her spirit and he wonders how she will react when she learns the truth about how complex their relationship truly is, under the surface.

He knows she will be forced to submit in the end, though Dominik has urged him to make the transition a little bit easier for her.

Attila knows that she will likely hate him.

He knows the change will be jarring for her, but he can't keep his hands to himself any longer. He has already gotten rid of all his competition, ensuring that no one stands in the way of his pursuit.

Almost all of her previous relationships were undoubtedly toxic and it made sense why. Illyana had an unhealthy attraction towards men who were emotionally unavailable and her past lovers were usually manipulative and controlling.

It's a good thing she has a strong mind, because she likely would have become an emotional wreck otherwise.

Attila knew that if it were up to her, she would suffer abuse and call it love and he couldn't bear it, so he took matters into his own hands.

Her last boyfriend was the final straw.

When Attila looked into him, he was found to be a complete scumbag who was leading multiple women on while also taking advantage of them financially. It didn't make sense to Attila who cherishes is his ability to shower her with money and gifts.

He loves supporting her lifestyle, knowing that she will usually treat herself to something cute or indulge in her personal interests. While Attila never shows it, he adores the cute side of Illyana. In those moments when she reveals her innocent charm and playful nature, he can feel his heart swell with affection.