44. Attila's search

🫧

🫧

SATURDAY
October 26, 2040
12:45 PM

"Hello? What the fuck is this?! Where am I?"

Attila watches in amusement while Tanisha screams in confusion at the white expanse surrounding her.

"Hello, Ms. Richmond," He says and she instantly whips around to face him.

"What the-? Who are you? Where...where am I?" She asks.

"Attila Farkas," He introduces himself, but there is no softness in his expression, "I believe we met once before, briefly. As for where you are, your physical body is currently in my office at EloTech," He doesn't bother to hide his intentions, "Right now, however, your consciousness resides inside the nexus of a device I engineered called the Cognitive Resonance System. This experience is entirely virtual and therefore, any attempt to escape is futile."

Tanisha's lips form a tight line as she looks him up and down, "So you're the beast..." Her eyes narrow a fraction and she scoffs before speaking again, "You really are as insane as Illy said."

Attila lets out a cold chuckle at her comment, "She talks about me?"

"Nothing good, that's for sure."

"I would imagine not," He says, "Considering our previous encounters."

Tanisha glares back at him, "What do you want with me?"

"Your little bimbo friend," Attila says, knowing it will strike a nerve, "Where is she hiding?"

A glint of understanding crosses her expression as Tanisha realizes she's become a pawn in the sick game he's been playing with Illyana and her mouth twists in disgust, an expression he's all too familiar with.

It pleases him greatly.

"I'm not telling you shit," She spits.

She might not have a clue.

"Ah, but here's the fun part," He says, a cruel smile spreading across his face, "I plan to do the digging myself."

He walks over to her, coming within inches of her, "And trust me, I will find what I'm looking for."

Tanisha's breathing picks up as she takes a few steps backwards from him, "Stay away from me ya fuckin' schitz!"

[WARNING. Resonance Nexus is approaching maximum temperature]