The ball part 2

"Stop the music," He orders, grabbing her hand and pulling her away from Azrael.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She demands, "Why are you acting like this?"

"Because five years. Five years I waited for you. You forgot about me, didn't you? You left me to rot in those dungeons."

I shift closer to Luke.

Loud voices scare me, as pathetic as that sounds.

"Hey, it's okay. He won't hurt you. I'll fuck him up if he dares come within a mile of you, okay?" Luke whispers, untangling himself from me to stand by Essie's side. "Stay here."

His eyes lock with a guard as he nods towards me.

"Jake, baby, what are you talking about?" Esmeray says.

Baby?

"You could've saved me but you chose not to. Your mother is a prison guard for me. That wasn't paradise! It was a jail cell."

A small popping noise.

I go blank.

"No. No. No. What have I done? No. No. No," He keeps repeating the same words.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you, you bastard? Essie!" Azrael, wraps Esmeray in his arms, "You're okay. You're okay."

Blood pounds in my ears.

I forget what Luke said and run towards Esmeray.

"I am sorry, Esmeray. I am so, so, so sorry." Jake gets pulled away.

Yelling. So much yelling.

I don't care about it anymore.

Not when Esmeray is bleeding out in front of me.

Lucas lifts Jake up by the collar as he sobs.

"I am sorry, I am sorry, I didn't wanna do this."

"You fucking sewer rat! I knew it. I knew you were an asshole. I knew she was wasting her time with you," Luke yells in his face.

He scares me...

"Luke. Esmeray." Less of a sentence and more of a squeak escape me.

He turns towards me, his eyes glassy.

He lets him go. "Lock him up for life. And call a goddamn ambulance!"