3

Revised/updated: 9.8.23

10 years later
A letter dropping into his lap caused Hadrian to glance up and see a brown owl flying above him. "Oh! This must be my Hogwarts letter! I'm gonna go show dad now!" With that said, the young boy jumped up from his spot on the grass and raced inside, bolting straight to his fathers bedroom.

Hadrian burst in and excitedly jumped into his fathers arms and giggled. "Dad! Dad! Guess what!?"

Tom blinked in surprise. Normally Hadrian was calm and quiet but something must have happened for his son to carry on like this. Shaking his head with a chuckle, he placed his son on his hip. "Hello son, what's got you so excited about?"

To excited to reply, he thrust the letter into his fathers face and beamed up at him,  Heterochromia eyes meeting blood red ones.

Seeing his sons eyes, Tom was filled with pride. After he had gone through the process of blood adopting Hadrian, the young boys eyes had changed from two brilliant emerald eyes to one emerald eye and one red one.

He looked absolutely adorable but also terrifying when he's mad.

Tom gently took the letter out of his eleven year old son's hands and read it.

Dear Mr Peverell,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic
by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory
by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions
by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS
ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

Toms eyes widened. His sons Hogwarts letter arrived! He looked down at his sons smiling face and smiled back. Hogwarts was a good school, even Tom can admit that. But the fact that Albus Dumbledore is headmaster dampened his mood but he didn't show it.

(Tom had gone to Gringotts and changed his and Hadrian's names to Peverell.)

"Well looks like we have a shopping day to prepare, don't we son?"

Hadrian nodded enthusiastically. "Can we go with Dray and Aunty and Uncle? They are going next week to get Drays school supplies."

Hadrian and Draco have grown super close. Being raised under the same roof would've made other kids resent each other but not these two. They are best friends and will always be. Their first words was each others nicknames!

~Flashback~
Narcissa sat her son down on the ground, next to a disgruntled Hadrian. "Come on Draco, say mummy, I know you can do it my beautiful son."

Lucius rolled his eyes at his wife's urging with a small smile on his face. Secretly he was eager to hear his son say his first word, eager to hear who's name he says first.

Baby Draco looked between his parents, watching as his father joined into the baby talk and getting him to say his name. His gaze shifted to the boy next to him.

Hadrian stared right back at Draco and smiled, making a gurgling sound, causing Draco to giggle.

Draco glanced up at his parents again and opened his mouth. Lucius and Cissa sat forward on their seats, not wanting to miss their sons first word.

Tom stood straighter, leaning off the wall and stalking over to where the bubbling couple and babies were.

He watched as Draco's eyes moved from his parents back to Hadrian. The blonde boy opened his mouth. "H-h-h"

The couple looked at each other confused. Their names didn't start with a 'H'. Their gaze moved from each other and to the raven haired boy sitting next to their son.

Draco, obviously frustrated that he couldn't say it on the first go, tried again. "H-h-HADS!" He squealed with a giggle.

Hadrian blinked confused but then grinned. "Dr-DRAY!"

Tom smirked. His friends child's first word was his sons nickname. He wasn't even surprised that their first words were each others nicknames.

~End of Flashback~
Standing in Flourish and Blotts was a surreal experience for Hadrian. Being in a place with all these books, floors upon floors, walls lined with books from top to bottom. Malfoy Manor library was so much more bigger than this but still.

Books are the best and Hadrian would've spent the entire day in there if his father - under a disguise, brown eyes and black hair - didn't drag him away.

"C'mon Hadsssss! We need to get our wands and animals! So let's gooo!" Hadrian was pulled along behind an excited Draco to Ollivanders. The tiny bell at the top of the door rang as the duo ran in.

"Mr Malfoy, Mr Peverell, what a pleasure to see you both here. Draco, I remember all the wands I have selled here. Your fathers wand, Elm wood, with Dragonheartstring. Your mothers-" Ollivander was interrupted by the bell resounding multiple times as the three adults all but stumbled in, regaining their composure.

"Ollivander, we must skip to the kids getting their wand. We're in a bit of a hurry." Lucius said, narrowing his eyes as he watched the two eleven year olds.

Ollivander smiled at Lucius. "Of course Mr Malfoy. Now, Draco Malfoy, come on up and we can find your wand."

Around five minutes and multiple wands later, Draco got his wand. His wand was 10" long, made of hawthorn wood, and had a unicorn hair core.

"Now Hadrian Peverell, it is time to see which wand chooses you."