Hope

Youssef's POV:

Nathan and I spoke about the possibility of fostering Yusuf. It's not impossible. We could probably do it. I practically raised my little sisters, who says I can't do it with Yusuf? He's already half grown anyways. Half the effort and he doesn't need potty training. Hard part out the way.

"He obviously has some sort of behavioural problem. Are you ready to help with that? Help him get a diagnosis, a support plan, probably therapy with all he's been through?"

I nodded immediately.

"And the whole age regression thing, lets say he's little for half of the day, can you deal with a two year old? A clingy one at that?"

I nodded again. I knew I could take care of him. I had to take care of him.

"Okay then. We can try."

"Yes?"

"Yes. That child needs a loving household and we can give him that. Talk to Lina and see if you can request Yusuf to be placed here."

"Are you completely sure?"

"Yes." Nathan nodded after a few seconds.

I jumped towards him, letting him catch me in a massive hug as I squealed with joy. I knew I couldn't tell Yusuf yet, I couldn't get his hopes up. Or mine.

"I'll call Lina now!" I practically squealed, shaking my fists with excitement.

"FaceTime her, I want to see the babies."

After thirty minutes of Lina trying to wrestle her phone away from two three year olds and a one year old, I could finally ask my question.

"Could you look up Yusuf Levy in your system? He's twelve, should say something about Arabic, maybe Hebrew being his first language."

"Why?"

"He's a kid I teach and he's going into care soon. I was just wondering if you'd consider placing him with us for a little while?"

"Found him, does he have a little scar on his chin?"

"Yeah."

"Says here he's got some behavioural issues, so ADHD or autism maybe?"

"My guess is autism."

I have autism so I have a knack for spotting it in other people. Yusuf is very easily overwhelmed and he runs away from the situation, normally sobbing his poor eyes out. He'll bite on anything too, but maybe that's just tiny him rather than an actual autistic trait.

"Why do you want to foster him?"

"He's like me, foster care will ruin him. You saw I how I was when we all got given back to Mama."

Lina nodded.

"Anyways, he's a good kid really. He just needs the right person to look after him."

"It sounds like you're ready. From your big sister, I want you to be happy and if this kid will be safe with you, I'll put in a good word."

"As a social worker?"

"Morals are important, reasons why are important. You have both, good ones but I can't promise anything can happen. He has a lot of siblings and you can just about house one kid, let alone six."

I hadn't thought of that.

"Do they have to go in the same place?"

"They like to keep kids together, especially younger ones."

"I'll think of something. I'll talk to him."

I spent the whole night trying to find a way around it. I'm sure Yusuf would want to be placed with at least one of his siblings, and I wanted to do whatever I could to make sure he was happy. I hope he's alright with Jace.