Chapter 8: Isabelle

"You are coming home with me."

Every kiss from Chris felt like a promise.
A promise that only he could fulfil.
Like I had been meant to be part of a different reality, and that this was all an achingly long, bad dream.
That once I opened my eyes, I'd be safe.
But I knew better. I had outgrown these hopes and wishes

When I opened my eyes, they locked with the brown pair of Chris'.
His eyes promised me safety and security. So sincere, that I almost believed it. Almost believed him.

But it was not what I actually needed. What I truly longed for. I had shed that longing for safety a long time ago. There was only one thing left for me. Only King could give me the one thing I needed in my life—the one thing I wanted. The one thing that kept me alive. Determined. Attentive. Submissive.

And I hated him for that.

As we stared into each others' eyes, neither of us talking to end the silence lingering between us, the door flung open and more strangers entered the interrogation room.
I didn't know their names except for that jerk Greenaway and Officer Lee, who had attended last week's party. He was the best friend of Chris. Just a year younger than him. Who also seemed to be... injured? Shoulder sling. He was probably closer to the explosion in the club.

"I don't see a good reason for her to go with Chris. I don't trust her", officer Lee Magnus straight up stated, not even so much as glancing in my direction as he looked at Chris and Greenaway.
Chris put the wrapped gun back onto the table and retrieved it from my side. Not commenting on what Magnus had just said. Who's jaw ticket as he waited for Chris to speak up? To respond. Silent seconds stretched around the room before he rolled his eyes in annoyance. Then he looked at me for the first time since he entered the room:

"If you decide to pull any tricks up on Chris, I will personally deliver your dead body to King. So you better cooperate and help us catch that psycho and bring the White Pearl down". His voice sounded like venom that would paralyse me within the first sip. They were an odd pair of friends.
His gaze boring into me was just as deadly. He was truly no one to joke around with. When Chris was comforted and sincerity, Magnus was determined and fire. King was right about that. As he always was.

I blinked and relaxed the frown that had displayed on my face in the meantime before I tilted my head slightly to the right. Looking as sincere as I could when I replied:

"I would never do something to harm Chris. Or any of you. Like I told you, I was born into this. We were withholding any information for cases such as this. But I can try to help you catch King if he has a shred of care left in him" Two blank and two worried faces looked back at me. "Maybe there are some pieces of information he might have slipped over the years. That could be useful to you", I add.

"You just told us that you were good at sex. Now you sound like you were trapped against your own will. Which version should we trust, and which version is the lie?" Greenaway muttered and Magnus nodded in agreement. I wished I had never looked into his face, to begin with.

"What do you think would have happened if I refused? I would have been dead a long time ago. So why not make use of what I was good at? Scared of a woman who enjoys sex?"
His gaze dropped, and he looked away. Predictable. Magnus however continued to stare at me.

"I don't believe you, but in this case only, I'd love to be proven wrong", was his last comment before he left the room again. Followed by Magnus, who gave me another glare before his exit.

Whatever you do, lead them astray.
If you want them back, that's what you gotta do.
Remember, no one else can give it to you except me, Isabelle... Now be a good girl and get on your knees. I had a bad day.