Chapter 29: Isabelle / Cerise

"Always such a drowsy sleeper, weren't you, my dear?", I heard a disgusting voice wake me up. A bright light glared at me painfully and I groaned when I tilted my head up. It was a dark room, me in the spotlight. How great. Mattress below me, my wrists and feet chained down onto the frame of the bed. I could feel the discomfort of my clothes and I did not want to even glance at them to check. Been there, unwillingly done that too.

"Let me go", I demanded as I looked in the direction of King's voice. He loved playing in the shadows. How about you live in those shadows too?

"Is this the way someone treats their beloved?", he mocked a pained expression when he walked out of the darkness to stand next to the bed"

"Oh, fuck off. I should have known that you'd throw anyone under the bus to save your identity, even your twin", I snarled at him.

"Sage at it coming, he knew he had to pay for his betrayal. Being a twin is fun only while the teamwork lasts", King shrugged with a bored expression. Then he began clapping.

"I always knew you, my dear Isabelle, were unpredictable but you surprised me. There were times I questioned your loyalty. I thought you'd spill the secrets of you being my little assassin after breaking into their grasp within days. I trained you well, didn't I?"

"Why did you kill him, King? He had nothing to do with us", I questioned. I did not need any affirmation or validation from him. Those days were over.

"Easy. To send them a message. It worked, didn't it?"

"He was a good guy", I gulped down my tears.
"He didn't deserve it"

"You know what happens to good guys in this world. And to good sluts too", he stated.

"I hope there's an extra place in hell just special for you", I bit out.

"My my, when did you learn to be so feisty? Did that. Did your investigation teach you how to defend yourself with mere words? Did he teach her so, Lucas?", King's head turned to the corner of the room that was clouded in the shadows too.
A figure crept up from the dark corner, coming closer to us.

"You" I spat out once I recognized the person.
Magnus dipped his head to King before towering over me.
"Two spies not knowing of each other. How amazing, isn't it?", King exclaimed.