Chapter 28: Chris

None of the neighbours had seen or heard anything the night Cerise got abducted.

What's worse is that everyone was home and didn't pick up on anything unusual. They were deeply upset when the rumour went around that the red-haired beauty, the wife of Christoph Park, was missing. For the safety of Cerise, we withheld the information that she had been abducted. She was missing, which was the fact on the table.

It's been exactly 24 hours since she got abducted by King. The first 24 hours were the most critical for the survival of the victim. In the usual abduction cases that we had seen. More so the kidnappings in which the first three hours was the most important time slot.

But we did not know the intentions of King. As we all had assumed that he was dead and that the white pearl had to deal with their inner organization till we shattered them. Or what was left of them?

"The possibility of King either wanting to rape her or kill her are both possibilities that can be considered. But the biggest possibility is undeniably that he came to collect what he sees as his property. One of his dark angels", Magnus explained as the security tape played over and over again in the background.

"He went to the extent that he showed his face. King is a smart-ass, he knows that you had your house stacked up with security. He might have also posed for the camera during the abduction. It's more than just getting his property, the girl, back. It's a message to us that not only is he alive but he's right at our foot. That he's a step ahead of us", Greenaway explained to all the attendees of the emergency meeting.

I was listening but at the same time, my attention was never on my boss. We were searching the entire A.A.C. with no clue, no security cameras having footage of the van, and no witnesses. They never stopped for gas, they might have never stopped at a red light. It was like the van had portrayed itself through a different dimension. Please be safe, Cerise. Please hold on. I will find you. Even if that's the last thing I will do.