Chapter 1

In a dimly lit room on some corner of Earth. 

"Just one more chapter and I'll sleep..." Drake mutters under his breath, as if chanting some mantras. His eyes are bloodshot with droopy eyelids indicating his heavy sleep deprivation. 

As time goes by, despite saying it was his last chapter, Drake manages to read another 20 more chapters until he slowly succumbs to the endless darkness, which is his sleep. 

Drake was in his second year of college and a student of a Medical school. He was an average guy through and through. With a few noticeable points on his look which was his haggard look with dark circles around his eyes. A symptom of sleep deprivation due to his unhealthy hobbies. 

His parents are long gone, leaving him with only his sister to support him with everything, who works as a staff in a Academic medical center where he studies. 

Beep beep beep*

Morning comes and Drake's waking up with the usual sounds of his alarm clock. 

"Gahh" he groaned as he placed his right palm on his eyes after waking up with difficulties due to another lack of sleep, making his body heavy and his eyes sour.

Drake slowly made his way towards the bathroom. He had a blank look on his face, as if his mind was somewhere else as he moved mechanically to finish his morning routine and go to school.

After Drake finished taking his morning bath and wearing his school uniform, he walked toward the door and opened it without thinking much.

As he opened the door, he felt the incongruity of his surroundings. Aside from his house, everything in his surrounding was unrecognizable yet seems familiar to him. Distant tall buildings, many houses surrounding his own house with alleyways to the main road. 

Yet before he could panic, he felt nauseous and he had tinnitus, followed by his vision turning white before he lost consciousness. 

Drake didn't know how long he was knocked cold to the ground.

He tried to stand up but he felt feeble yet he managed to stand up nonetheless. 

Drake was checking himself as if he forgot about his strange surroundings. He heard a mechanical voice in his head much to his surprise.

[Ding!]

[Transition commenced. Your world is now connected to the Obsidian Universe record. You can now view your status window.]

[Drake Williams-