Chapter 14

Katie stood rooted on the spot, embarrassed.

She didn't expect that she would be outright rejected. 

She thought that guy would be glad to have some company, but it was all her assumption.

Now with Drake walking away, she can only clench her fist in embarrassment. Never had she got rejected in all her life, it was her who always rejected someone.

Jessica was also slightly embarrassed for Katie. She can sympathize with Katie who was also a beautiful girl, who only rejects guys and not the other way round. 

She glanced at her who was still rooted on her spot since Drake walked away. 

Jessica tried to comfort her and said "If you want, you can share food with us. I'll tell my brother to share some with you." 

Jessica after all didn't hate her that much. After getting almost assaulted by Charlie, in Jessica's mind, all blame was on Charlie. Which was the actual truth. 

If Charlie hadn't riled up everyone at that time with his rotten mouth, none of those would really happen. 

That's why Jessica didn't share the same sentiment everyone has for Katie. If someone is really to be blamed, they should blame it all on Charlie.

After Katie heard her, she turned her head over Professor Jessica while the flash of her phone was pointed downward.

"Re-really? won't the other get angry then?"

"Let them be, it's not our problem. If they are really hungry, they should find their own food" Jessica nonchalantly said.

Jessica became a little cold towards others, especially men. That incident with Charlie left a deep impression on her that leads to trauma in her mind. 

Katie, who was also a victim of Charlie's villainous action, made Jessica feel a little closer.

After seeing Katie who was just standing there and uncertain on what to do. Jessica invited her to sit down beside her. 

She was slightly uncomfortable without her brother. evidently that the incident this afternoon dealt a serious mental blow to her. 

In her mind, all men are disgusting except for her brother whom she trusted with her all.