Chapter 7

Drake knew that his sister had a morning lecture today after she's done with her shift. That's why he didn't go to the hospital buildings instead he directly headed toward the school building where his sister is likely trapped right now.

Drake and the little dragon were on the second floor at the moment when they heard an angry shout of a girl coming from the upper floor. 

This school building was composed of seven floors, with the uppermost floor as a demo room.

Drake looks up with concern toward the ceiling, as if he can peer through the concrete walls blocking his view. The little dragon also looked above with curiosity.

Drake didn't dilly dally as he made his way toward the stairs leading above. He would know where it's coming from since zombies would be also heading there. 

Along the way he could see zombies trapped inside the classroom clawing their hands on the glass window. It was the same on the first floor. Some zombies were outside intercepting him as he came close to the stairs.

But Drake wasn't the same level 1 as before, but a level 9. Together with Betelgeuse who has eight times more stats than a regular human.

Drake gained two more levels when he's fighting zombies outside the gate. Thinking about his recent level up, he opens his status window to allocate the stat he accumulated.

[Drake Williams–

Age: 19

Lvl: 9  (EXP: 500/2500)

Race: Human

Talent: N/A

Job: N/A

SP: 10 → 0

Health: 75/75

Mana: 20/20

Stamina: 15

Strength: 15→20

Agility: 11→15

Vitality: 15

Intelligence: 13→14

Magic power: 1

Perception: 1

Title: N/A ]

Drake added five on strength, four on agility and one at intelligence respectively. 

Drake prioritized allocating his points more on strength and agility as he didn't think that he needed vitality more than necessary. 

Because it's pretty much useless once you get scratched or bitten by a zombie no matter how high his vitality is. Unless he has enough points to dump on vitality, to the point where his skin is so tough that even the zombie's teeth would crack upon biting it. 

That's why he focuses more on strength and agility since it's better to evade them. After all, they said that a strong offense is the best defense. 

And Drake felt a little compulsive when allocating his stat points, that's why he put the one free stat point left on intelligence instead of agility.

After Drake was done on allocating his stat, he finally managed to arrive at the third floor. 

Since it is a flight of stairs that leads to the uppermost floors, Drake didn't need to walk on long hallways and fight another bunch of zombies. He even felt a little regretful since he can gain a lot of exp and levels by killing them. But now is not the time since saving his sister is Drake's first priority.

Drake killed the zombies he encountered on the fourth floor who tried to climb the stairs towards the upper floor where the sounds came from. 

On his way towards the fifth floor, he heard the banging sounds of some clashing metal. 

When Drake heard it he frowned a little as he sped up his climb.

As Drake arrived at the fifth floor, his frown got deeper. He saw a procession of zombies crowding the stairs.

"Damnit! this is going to be a little bit harder."  Drake cursed when the zombies noticed him and came down from the stairs towards him. 

The zombie's life detection skill was a five meters radius. And some zombies have also leveled up, extending the range of their skill. 

They've likely detected him already even if he's still on the stairs between fourth and fifth floor. 

Drake watched the zombies coming down for him as he retreated towards the fifth floor hallway. 

The space between each stair is for three people only, it's quite narrow. 

Unlike on the previous floor where he could fight on the stairs because the number of zombies was still manageable. But this? Drake didn't overestimate himself that he could survive after he confronted them head on. 

This horde of zombies completely filled the gap of the stairs all the way up until the sixth floor. 

The stairs between the sixth and seventh floor are likely also the same. 

While Drake is getting ready to make another bloody killing, he can hear the increasing noises upstairs.

On the 7th floor.

Despair is at its peak.

When the group started to undo the barricade, they stopped it halfway. They didn't expect that zombies would come so quickly.

Almost all the girls in the group started crying. The boys were no better. Their complexion was also ashen.

Katie, who was the cause of this, was deathly pale. She felt passing out and Her legs were wobbling as it nearly gave out. 

Luckily, Professor Jessica was there,  just right beside her and able to support her on time. 

Katie was full of regret. In her mind, she keeps on blaming herself. Cursing how f*cking stupid she was.

Katie prayed that if she manages to survive, she won't do something stupid again. 

She doesn't even have the strength in her mind to blame Charlie who is also partially the cause of this.

Meanwhile, Charlie was also now regretting his actions.

His plan to gain leadership over the group completely backfired.

After all, thinking and planning was not his forte. He can only plot this much. 

He thinks that by actively voicing his opinion and a bit of intimidation, together with his combat ability, he could take the role of a leader. 

He would then do whatever he likes, even forcing his way towards Professor Jessica who had once rejected him. 

But alas, he didn't expect that it would come to like this. 

Even he, who was good at fighting, didn't think that he could escape here unscathed. Which is pretty much useless because he knows that he would just become one of those mindless zombies once he got scratched or bitten. 

Now, all he can is to fiercely glare towards the b*tch who caused this.

"Shit! shit! shit! This is all that b*tch fault!"  Charlie picked up a chair and brought it over the emergency door. 

Every floor has an emergency door. But right now, it was locked. 

Since it wasn't in use for a demo these days. This floor's emergency door was locked with a thick lock over the metallic door.

Charlie hit the door with the chair.

Bang! Bang! Bang!*

But it was futile, It only caused a loud banging sound.

The thick lock was perfectly fine even after Charlie hit it repeatedly.