Chapter 20

It takes less than six hours for Drake to loot every store he knew that would sell food in the city.

It was earlier than expected.

With the amount he gets, it can sustain an entire town for about half to maximum of a year if consumed sparsely.

There are three more hours before dawn. Drake needs to get back before the sun rises.

He was kind of worried about leaving his sister alone with those bunch of scheming sons of a bitch.

With his show of brutality that previous morning, he was sure they would at least hold off their malicious hands from his sister. 

But he can't guarantee that it would stay that way if he were absent for too long.

That's why Drake decided not to be too greedy and head back.

Anyway, with the amount he looted, he can guarantee they won't be starving for at least another ten years. And by that time, they would be strong enough already to be self-sufficient.

An hour later, Drake finally arrived on the school campus without hiccups, using the same path he used when going out.

Standing at the door outside the school gymnasium building, Drake was slightly worried after leaving his sister. He nervously knocked on the door as he waited for someone to open it.

After knocking several times, someone finally answered him.

"Who's there?" 

It was the professor's aged voice that answered him.

Drake stayed silent for about ten seconds before finally answering. 

"It's me, teacher Jessica's brother."

"Oh, it's you." The old professor opened the door after hearing it was Drake, Jessica's little brother.

Drake entered the building unsuspiciously, without anything on him. 

It made the professor curious about where Drake could've gone for so long. But the professor didn't inquire much about Drake's activity as she let him pass silently.

Entering the building, it was dark inside. There were no more phone flashlights that kept the darkness away.

Drake traced the previous position of his sister based on his memory, navigating his way in the dark.

He was slightly frustrated that despite widening or straining his eyes, he couldn't see a damn thing since no one was opening their phone's flash at this moment.

Drake could only crawl slowly towards his sister, stretching his hands out to guide his way.

Drake felt pathetic as he wondered if this is what a blind man feels whenever they want to go somewhere. 

Soon, Drake arrives at the wall. He remembered that the two were nearby the wall previously. He guessed that they would stay there.

Drake traced his path with his two outstretched hands, carefully feeling his way.

As he searched for his sister, it didn't take long before his hand suddenly landed on something soft. 

It was so squishy that it felt so pleasant to touch. Drake can't help but feel it more.

But before he could fully enjoy that sensation, he heard a shocked voice in front, followed by someone's hand violently pushing him away.

After the professor's younger brother left, Katie was together with Professor Jessica.

She felt a little worried when Drake left somewhere, leaving them behind.