Chapter 4

Drake saw a variety of foods worth thousands of people. He looked at Betelgeuse with a pondering look. 

In the novel, it mentioned that the baby dragon has a space storage ability. An ability to store things through subspace. 

He knew that the protagonist also abused this ability when he learned that the baby dragon has this kind of talent. Though it was already months later when mc learned of the dragon storage ability. 

Mc used it to hoard foods at various stores. Sadly for him, it was already months late that other survivors had already looted some of the stores.

It was like the author wants to balance the plot through nerfing the cucked mc. What a poor lad, he was quite hated by his own author. 

Drake's mood gets quite complicated thinking about it.

He felt that his character is quite broken just by having this cute little dragon by his side, a time traveler man. He can exploit this baby dragon's maximum worth without going through trial and error.

Drake looks at Betelgeuse. He felt as if he was a scumbag by exploiting this innocent tiny little creature.

"To hell with that! limiting my abilities by imposing many strict morals on myself, only that cucked protagonist would do. That's why he got cuckold in the first place. Only shameless people are great." Drake muttered in disdain.

Betelgeuse looked over at him curiously. 

It tilted its head over the left side , trying to convey that it didn't completely understand what's he's saying.

Drake ignores the dragon and surveys around the place. He then picks up a pack of KitKat bars on a shelf or a gondola rack. He tore it open revealing a dozen KitKat bars inside. Drake then opens a piece of it. He breaks it in half then pushes the other half towards the dragon snout.

Betelgeuse curiously observes the half piece of chocolate bar and looks over Drake again.

Drake saw that the dragon didn't get what he's trying to convey, so he bit on his half piece of KitKat bar and then pokes the other half of the choco bar to the mouth of Betelgeuse.

Betelgeuse saw what Drake did and hesitated slightly before opening its mouth and bit on it.

The little dragon pauses as if petrified, it's sparkly eyes glowing up.

The next moment it flops its tiny wings on its back excitedly, with its tail wagging just like a dog.

Betelgeuse then looks at Drake's face, making a cute roar.

Drake's smirk at the little dragon. It's just way too cute that he might have a heart attack!

Drake can't help but spoil the little dragon, he tore open a few KitKat bars then fed them to Betelgeuse and patted it on its scaly little head. 

"Hey pal, can you help me store this stuff in your space storage, so that we can eat as much as we want later on?" After feeding it, Drake spoke towards the little dragon.

Drake wasn't so sure if it can understand what he said since it just hatched 20 minutes or so. But since they're magically bound from one another, he was certain that it can at least get his intentions trying to convey through their connection.

Betelgeuse looks as if it understood, then with a roar. Every item in the rack was swept empty. 

It takes another half an hour to loot this grocery store.

They only took the food and few necessary tools. Since it was stored in the storage space, heavy lifting is not necessary.

From the items he looted, there's quite a few sacks of rice. 

If he were to eat it alone, he might not even be able to finish it after ten years.

Drake head's out with the baby dragon in tow.

Right after he stepped out of the store building door, his step gradually slowed down then completely halting his step.

Drake's feeling something amiss. His growing anxiety makes him feel as if he has forgotten something really important right now.

Drake touched his chin deep in thought. 

"... right! how the heck did I forget my sister!?" Drake's eyes widened at this sudden realization. He scratches his head frantically at his growing anxiety. 

Drake looks at the back where Betelgeuse is hovering in the air, before saying in an anxious tone. "Hey little fellow, follow me. We're going to rescue my sister, quick! we need to go!" 

After saying those, he ran frantically as if his ass was on fire.

He stopped at one of the nearest motor-scooters and checked if there was a key. Luckily luck is with him as there was still a key stuck on the ignition key switch. It likely got abandoned after the system descended.

Drake hastily revives the engine and rides the scooter. He didn't even bother to look at the baby dragon as the scooter and man drove along the road.

It was a five minutes ride right from his house to the hospital where his sister works as well as his school. 

Drake speeds up the scooter as he expertly maneuvers it on the flat road to avoid the many abandoned vehicles as well as zombies on the highway.

Five minutes later, he was right in front of the school gate. 

"God.. Allah.. Buddha.. please keep my sister safe." Drake was an atheist yet he can't help but to pray anxiously on every deity he knew, hoping that his sister's still alive before he reunites with her. 

Drake walks in front of the school gate. Beyond the gate was a bunch of zombies, making their way towards him after getting attracted by the sounds made by the scooter's arrival.

Drake was relieved that the baby dragon followed him. Since its agility was high, coupled with its wing, he knew that it could follow him since it treated him as its guardian. 

Drake glanced at the baby dragon as he opened the gate and retreated back. The gate was blocked by the crowd of zombies and he can't just force his way inside.

With little space inside, his fighting abilities would be greatly restricted and he might get bitten or scratched by the crowd of zombies. 

Facing the crowd of zombies pouring from the gate, he–along with the baby dragon, fought their way inside of the school gate.