𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤

𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 to yourself, you shoved another spoonful of ice cream into your mouth, while you watched your movie. It was late at night, and Bakugou had fallen asleep. (He lets you watch tv in the living room while he sleeps, as long as you keep it at a low volume.)

You were just expecting to finish your ice cream and movie, and head to bed. But then, your phone started ringing. It could either be one of two things, a spam call, or your brother. You checked to see, finding it was your brother. What was he doing up so late?

"Why are you up, kiddo? Don't you have school tomorrow?" You asked.

"No. I can't go. It's not safe for me, remember? I've been taking it online instead. It's not as fun though. I can't see my friends, but Kirishima and Mina are super nice and nice and cool. They've been helping tutor me a bit with English." He told you. You completely forgot that this whole thing was affecting him too. You felt guilty.

"Well, they seem cool." You said, and you felt like you were going to cry. "But you're not too cool to hang out with your big sister, are you?"

"Of course not. I miss you a lot. I called because I was wondering if you could sing to me to help me sleep. Like you did when we were little?" He replied.

"Sure. What would you like me to sing?"

"Can you sing that one song that Papa liked by the Beatles? Hey Jude?"

You took a deep breath, singing softly to him, to lull him to sleep, and also keep Bakugou from waking. "Hey Jude, don't make it bad, Take a sad song, and make it better, Remember to let her into your heart, Then you can start to make it better."

You continued through the song, still singing softly, but with more pace as you continued. "And anytime you feel the pain, Hey Jude, refrain, Don't carry the world upon your shoulders, For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool, By making his world a little colder."

Hearing your brother go quiet, his breathing going soft and slow, you knew he had fallen asleep. Smiling to yourself, you whispered a small "goodnight, love you kiddo" to him, ending the call. You were completely unaware that Bakugou was awake, listening to your singing as well.

--

"I know you said you didn't know how long we're staying here, but do you have an estimation at least?" You couldn't help but ask the next morning, the moment you walked out to the kitchen to join him. It was the only thing on your mind, after all.

"From the way things are looking, I would say...Five, Six months?" He replied, scratching his neck. He knew that wasn't the answer you wanted.

"I have to spend Six months here? There's hardly anything to do. I've been here for a month, and I'm already bored out of my mind, and I miss my brother." You confessed.

He sighed. "I know, but I don't have much control in this situation."

"Yeah you don't have much control, but you still have a say in it. While I, on the other hand, have no contact with these stupid commission people! I'm not saying I have to leave constantly, but there's gotta be some way I can see my brother besides talking to him on the phone. Not to mention my work..I know you said they handled it, but my boss is a prick and I know I'll have a shitload of work to do when I get back. I can do it from home or something, or I could even go in a couple of times a week. Could you please just talk to them?"

Bakugou knows you won't give up on this. If he says no now, you'll just argue with him and ask him again later. So, he nodded. "I'll see what I can do."

--

A few hours later, he knocked at your door. You opened it, pausing the show you were watching, eager to know what they said. You gazed at him with anticipation.

"There can't be much done about seeing your brother, they said it would be too big of a risk. But, they did say if in two weeks nothing changes, you can start going in to work again. But I'll be driving you to and from, of course."

While it isn't exactly what you wanted, it is an improvement. You did miss work dearly, despite how your boss and coworkers could be such jerks. And you miss Mai.

God, if only you could tell her all the shit that had gone down. She would be the most understanding and probably the best comfort you could have. She's been with you through ups and downs, not just with work.

You and her would hang out, go out for drinks together, and even go clubbing. She was one of the few people you confided with about your father and him leaving you. You had cried to her so much, and she helped you through various breakdowns. She's your rock, and she helps you stay strong.

"Thank you Bakugou." He nods back to you with a smile. "I know it's not what you want, but I'll do what I can to get you to see your brother."

You smile at him softly. You know he means it. You stare at each other for a moment, before you clear your throat nervously. "Thanks...so uh, what are we doing for dinner? Do you want to order takeout? Or-"

"I can make dinner." He shrugs as if it's nothing. You frown at him. "Stop it."

"What?" He asks, confused.

"Stop being nice to me. It's freaking me out." You remark, half joking, half serious. It's not often people are this kind to you, especially not someone like Bakugou. He's the number two prohero after all, he can do and get anything he wants. He has all the right to be a stuck-up prick, and he seemed like one, especially with what you saw in the media. You always thought of him like that but now, you're not so sure.

"I'm not being nice to you. I'm just doing my job..and showing you how amazing of a chef I am. Trust me, the shit I make you will blow your fucking mind." He remarks.

You grin. "Yeah, right."

--

(A/N: More development!!!

Thanks for reading!

Comment & Vote 😻😻😻