𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 first thing that you noticed about the hooded figure approaching was his eyes. Cold cyan hues narrowed, with purple scaring lined underneath them. His hood was pulled over his head, only leaving stray strands of white and black to poke out.

You recognized him almost immediately from the various news reports and cases against him. A man who had done countless damage to property and lives. It was-

"Well, well, look what the cat dragged in." That finally got Bakugou's attention. He glanced up from his position at the car, recognizing the villain almost immediately. He rose to his feet, stepping in front and motioning for you to get back.

"What do you want, Dabi?" He hissed. "Hey, that's no way to treat an old friend. I just want to catch up. You seem like you've been busy, after all."

They knew each other. It made sense. Bakugou worked for the number one hero, after all. His father and the man he hated most. You never paid much attention to pro heroes and villains, but the news about him made it hard to look away.

"I know about your little friend here. ______, right?" He glanced over Bakugou's shoulder, staring you down.

How did he know your name? How did he find you? If he found you this easily..does this mean he knows where your brother is too?

Despite your internal panic, you kept calm. It was the best thing to do. The moment you become vulnerable, they'll eat you alive. So, you locked eyes with Dabi, wearing a calculating expression. His gaze sent a shiver down your spine. It's like he was staring through you, trying to find your weakness. Trying to get you to crumble under his stare.

"Leave her out of this. This is between me and you." Bakugou spoke up, making him shift his gaze back to him.

Dabi smirked. "But is it really? She's the one they're after."

Bakugou's expression darkened, turning into one of anger and fear. "Now, don't be scared. I don't give a damn about those Mazoku freaks. If they just want to live in All for One's shadow, that's fine by me."

"Then why are you here?" You spoke up, unable to help yourself. Dabi looked over at you again. You stepped forward, in front of Bakugou. "If you don't care about the Mazoku, then why are you here? Is this some sadistic fear tactic or something? You trying to blackmail us?"

"_____, what are you-" You waved off Bakugou's whisper. Yes, it wasn't smart to provoke a villain, especially one known for his temper and how easily he turns to violence. But that didn't mean you couldn't call his bluff.

"If you want to take me or hurt me, you better get it over with fast. We're in broad daylight, after all, with hundreds of cars passing by. And your flames are pretty easy to recognize. Not to mention you'd have to take on both me and Bakugou, and that's before the other pros come along. Face it, you're outnumbered here. So just tell us what you want or leave."

Your heart was racing in your chest as you stood strong under Dabi's gaze. His expression was unreadable. If you had to guess, it was a mix of anger irritation, and maybe even a little bit of shock.

After a beat, he seemed to relax, switching back to that apathetic demeanor before. He shoved his hands in his pockets, slouching with a small smirk, gazing over at Bakugou. "Quite a spitfire, isn't she?"

With that, he turned on his heel, sauntering away. "You should really be more careful. If I was able to find you this easily, I'm sure the Mazoku is hot on your trail. Good luck."

You were then distracted by a car driving off the road to assist you. When you looked back to see where Dabi was, he was gone.

You looked back to see Bakugou glowering at you. "Get in the car, now."

With the help of a Good Samaritan, you and Bakugou managed to get back on the road. By the time you did get on the road, your workday was halfway over. He probably wouldn't let you go back, given the circumstances.

"What the hell were you thinking talking to Dabi like that? You could've gotten yourself killed." He hissed.

"I knew what I was doing, Bakugou. I called his bluff and he backed off. I saved our asses. You should be thanking me." You remarked.

He shook his head, muttering to himself. He just can't admit when he's wrong, can he? "We got lucky. That's all. It doesn't matter anyway. I'm sure he'll be back, and he was right about the Mazoku."

"You think we're being followed?" You asked anxiously.

"I don't know. I'll have to call the HPSC and figure out what to do from there." He dialed them up on his phone, explaining what happened. You listened in on the conversation for a couple minutes fidgeting nervously.

He sighed softly after hanging up, feeling your expectant stare. "They're checking our place, and they sent out a car to follow us and make sure we get back safely. You won't be able to go back into work for a while. It's too high risk."

"What about my brother? They'll make sure he's safe too, right?"

He nodded. "They sent two cars there to make sure."

Relief washed over you, but that feeling was only replaced with dread. Once again, you were going to be stuck in the same old apartment complex, cooped up with only so much to do.

It was probably the nicest place you've ever stayed, but to you, it feels like a prison. All you can think about is everything you can't do there. You can't go to work, can't go outside, can't see your friends, and can't see your brother. Which is pretty much your favorite things to do.

You slumped back in your car seat as the realization dawned upon you...You're right back where you started.

(A/N: Minimal editing Ik, but I rlly wanted to post this chapter so hereee

Thanks for reading!

Comment & Vote 🚗🚗🚗