𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞

𝐎𝐔𝐓 of everything here, the boredom is the worst. There's only so much to do, and eventually you do it all and get tired of it. You already worked out today, and swam in the pool, and watched a tv show.

Thanks to the Dabi mishap, your contact with the outside world had to be limited for the time being. Which meant no work communication, and limited texts to your brother, and calls once a week that couldn't last longer than thirty minutes.

It made everything much more painful, and there were times that you felt like you were going crazy. The only reason why you hadn't was because Bakugou was there with you, going through the exact same thing as you. You felt a lot less lonely with him around. You enjoyed his company a lot more than you thought you would. He was a pretty good guy, after all.

You sat back on the couch under your blanket, laptop in lap as you browsed through online shopping cites, looking at cute outfits and accessories. You knew you couldn't get any of it, since it wouldn't be approved, but it was nice to look at and think about.

You switched back to the grocery website, trying to find something you could actually order and buy. The door opened behind you, getting your attention. It was Bakugou, of course, walking in after a workout. He was sweaty and shirtless, sweatpants hanging loosely around his waist. You looked over your shoulder and gazed at his well muscled figure for a moment or two, indulging yourself for a bit, before looking at him.

"Hey." You greeted, clearing your throat, trying to be casual.

"Hey. What are you doing?" He wandered over, gazing over your shoulder at the your laptop. He was close, way too close. You could feel your heart racing.

You shrugged. "Looking at groceries."

"Cards and nail polish?" He remarked teasingly.

"I'm bored, okay? I'm tired of being cooped up in here and doing the same thing every day. Maybe we can mix it up a bit." You scrolled through the nail polish colors. "Want to pick one?"

"...Orange and Black." He stood up, so he was no longer hovering over your shoulder, before he turned on his heel and walked away.

"I'm going to go shower, and then I'll make dinner. Hopefully this time, you'll actually stay awake long enough to eat it."

You rolled your eyes. "Ha ha, very funny."

--

Less than two hours later, your groceries had arrived. After a delicious meal Bakugou prepared, and you finally decided on a movie to watch after thirty minutes of arguing, they were here. As the movie started, you settled in beside him, painting your nails first.

Once your nails were finished, you went to do his, setting out a towel and his nail polish. "Give me your hand."

You turned so that you were sitting in front of him, facing him directly. His hands were so big compared to yours, his calloused palm resting in your soft hand. He felt self conscious, especially since his hands sweat so easily due to his quirk. It didn't help that you were sitting so close that he could smell your shampoo and body wash, and watch you gaze up at him through your eyelashes. What happened? How did you have this much of an affect on him? Did he always feel this way? He forced himself to focus and relax.

It took him a second to realize what you were asking him a question, your words white noise. "Orange or Black first?"

"Uh, Orange."

"Okay, hold still." You muttered, holding his index finger and painting his nail gently. Your eyebrows were furrowed with concentration, your tongue poking out from your lips as you held it between your teeth. Cute. He tried to ignore the thought, gazing over at the movie playing instead.

"So, Orange and black are your hero colors, right?" You asked as you switched to his middle finger. "Yeah. How do you know that?"

"Everyone knows. You're the number two pro hero, and it's not like I live under a rock and also Leo was like obsessed with you when you first made your debut. He had a whole phase with and everything." You remarked.

"Oh really?" He grinned.

"Yeah, it was so annoying. He had your stupid face up everywhere. Posters, action figures, almost every kind of merchandise. My Dad hated it." You giggled.

"So who was after me?" He couldn't help but ask.

"Uhm, the guy with the vibrating quirk? I think his name was Grand or something." Bakugou winced at the mention of his name. He hated that guy, and he hated it even more that you knew who he was.

"Honestly, I didn't like him that much. He always seemed kind of full of himself." All the jealousy he once had dissipated, and he found himself smirking again.

"Oh yeah? And what about me?"

You rolled your eyes. "Well, obviously, yeah. But it was on brand for you. I mean, who doesn't expect the Great Explosion Murder God to be cocky? And there was something about it that was a little charming even. Like you're an asshole, but you care...kind of."

You thought he was charming? He thought all this time, you hated him. He felt his cheeks getting warm and his palms getting even more sweaty. He needed to move. He needed to wipe them off.

You switched colors from orange to black, and just before you could apply the coating, he pulled his hand away, wiping it against his shirt.

"Why'd you do that? I almost spilled it."

"Sorry, my hands are a little sweaty, and I didn't want to-"

"Dude, it's fine. I don't care, trust me. Just relax."

He gave you his hand back, taking a deep breath. His sweaty hands had been one of his biggest insecurities, ever since he was little. He refused to hold anyones hand, even with past relationships. It was too hard. Too scary. But here you are, making everything feel so easy. So okay.

As you finished his hand, you leaned over and blew on his fingers gently. He felt a shiver go down his spine. "There. Now give me your other one."

Soon enough, you were finished with both. "You like it?"

"Yeah, I like it a lot, thanks." You grinned at him. He frowned, self conscious. "What?"

"Nothing. You look cute, that's all." You giggled. He blushed, rolling his eyes and shoving you playfully. "Fuck off."

You yawned, glancing over at the clock. "It's getting late. I guess I should probably head to bed."

"Oh uh, okay." He didn't want this night to end. You didn't either.

But the two of you went your separate ways, wishing each other goodnight and disappearing into your bedrooms, thinking about one another before you inevitably fell asleep.

A/N: I missed my bakugou pookie

Thanks for reading!!

Comment & Vote 💅💅💅