Chapter 5

As soon as she was back home. Shiloh put her newest winning into the bank and puts her trophy in the building that Shiloh and people from the reservation in the next town over put together. They learned that Shiloh is a Navajo young woman from Texas and they kicked in to help.

The building is full of trophies and metals from when she was seventeen five years ago to now, when she's twenty-two. The walls are full of metals and there is the newest built shelf and she places her new trophy on it. Shiloh steps back and she looks at the shelf. That's the first trophy in her new shelf that she and Tim built together.

"Another one?" Lou asks.

"First place," Shiloh says with a smile.

"Of course, you champion," Lou gushes. "Can you watch Katie for me?"

Katie reached for Shiloh and the young woman quickly takes her.

"Sure." Shiloh looks at Katie. "Let's go find something to do, little cousin!"
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Shiloh brings Kai out for a ride along the ranch. She runs through fields and she rides down to a drink. She gets off and walks Kai down. Shiloh kneels down and she splashes water on her face while Kai gets a drink.

They usually wind down for a few days after winning and they'll start jumping every so often. On their down days, Shiloh and Kai ride all over the Heartland land because the land itself is beautiful.

Shiloh gets back on Kai once they've cooled off and they ride some more.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Shiloh rides back home and she sees Amy helping an injured Georgie into the house. She rides over to the barn. She gets off of Kai before she leads him inside and she removes the stuff off of him before letting him into his stall. She leaves the barn and she goes to her trophy and metal building  and she sees an article with her face on it and the article is turned: 'The Champion, Shiloh Bartlett, wins again, with the best score in the entire competition!'

"You could go pro," Jack says from the door. "I pinned that up. You were on the front page. Grandpa is so proud." He smiles at Shiloh's shaky grin. "Cheyenne would be proud of you, too." She he that Melissa wasn't a fan of horse jumping, she was a lot like Lou.

But Cheyenne? He was always proud of Shiloh and he did go to every one of her competitions because Melissa couldn't be bothered until that last one. Jack is right, he'd be proud of his little girl now.

"Really?"

Jack nods. "He'd be damn proud," he says, "just like I am."

Shiloh smiles and she hugs him.