Chapter 4

Time jump (skip to s6)

Shiloh just won first place in another competition, she beat Ashley, again! Shes been doing completions for about five years now and she's been saving up. She's now at the truck dealership with Lisa, Jack's lady friend, searching for herself a truck to buy with the money she's saved.

Shiloh finds it. It's a silver 2008 Ford F150, 4X4. She tells Liza it's the one that she wants and he goes to find the salesman.

A lot of stuff has happened. Ty left again and came back. Ty and Amy are back together. Lou got married to a man named Peter and they have a daughter now. Ty went to college and he became a vet working with Scott.

"This is a nice truck," Lisa says. "Let's get it legalized and get you home."

Lisa helps her get her truck legalized and they head back to Heartland. While Amy does some bareback riding, Shiloh goes to get Blanca out of the barn and she sees Tim offering to pay Georgie ten bucks to babysit a one and a half year old Katie.

Shiloh runs her brand new professional jumps where she practices at home. If she's not practicing jumping, she and Blanca got for a run and he lets her practice. Georgie is standing on the fence, watching in awe. She absolutely adores Shiloh.

Shiloh goes over. "Hey, girlie," she greets. "Lose Katie?"

"Lou came back early," Georgie replies.

"I'm gonna go riding and looking at the land," Shiloh says. "Wanna come?"

When Georgie nods, Shiloh and Kai leave the fence and she reached her hand down. She pulls the girl onto the front of the horse and when he runs, Georgie lets out an excited laugh because the wind blows her hair back. Shiloh takes her for runs all throughout Heartland before she brings her back home. She helps Georgie off and she goes to the barn.

Shiloh makes beef stew and bread rolls for dinner and then she goes to bed on her own.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Shiloh looks at her bank account receipt and sighs. She didn't even make a dent in it. She's won so much because she's gotten nothing but first place since she started jumping with Kai. She puts it in her dresser drawer and she goes out to the kitchen.

"I'm going for a ride, guys," Shiloh says. "Georgie, I'll be jumping later if you want to watch."

"I will!"

Shiloh goes outside and to the barn. She puts a saddle on her trusted horse and she mounts him. Kai takes off running across the field when he knows that Shiloh wants him to. Kai runs around and she rides back toward the ranch and she sees Chase Powers talking to Amy. She shrugs and she goes to her jumping fence. She saw Georgie with Tim and Jack so she didn't bother.

Amy leads Chase over so that he can see the champion jumper jump.

"I remember her," Chase claims as Shiloh makes perfect jumps. "I never met her. I saw her last time."

"That's my cousin, Shiloh Bartlett."

"Holy shit. I've seen her competitions," Chase says. "She's one of the best here."

"She is," Amy agrees. "And she helps me with horses, the jumpers, anyway. She's my jumper. I manage her."

"Amy!" Shiloh rides over. "Hi," she greets Chase.

His blue eyes twinkle in the sun as he looks up at her. "Hi there," he greets.

"When's your next competition?"

"Two days but Lisa and I are leaving tonight because it's in Quebec," Shiloh replies.

"You gonna win again?" Chase asks.

"I'm going to try," Shiloh replies. "Be good, you two!"

Shiloh rides over to where Lisa's waiting and the two prepare to leave.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸.

"You won again," Lisa says as she looks at the trophy and the check that Shiloh has on her lap as they head back for Alberta.

"First place," Shiloh says with a smile. "Winning is fun."

"Agreed," Lisa replies.

They don't get back to Hudson for two more days.