Chapter 8

Shiloh rides through the land and Kai is enjoying the running through the tall grasses and wild flowers. She runs her hand down his neck as then stop and she smiles.

"My boy," she murmurs.

Shiloh rides her horse back home and she sees Amy going inside after feeding and watering the horses. She allows Kai to trot over to the vehicle.

"Don't get pregnant, Shiloh."

"I can't have babies, Lou," Shiloh reminds her. "Have a good flight."

Peter walks over to Shiloh. "Is he good with children?"

"He is."

Once Lou is gone, Peter passed Katie to her. Shiloh gets Kai to walk and he does. She lets Peter take her and she goes out to the jumping course and she goes it, jumping. Amy leaves the barn in a hurry and goes to watch her and Caleb leaves.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Shiloh lets Kai out to graze with the other horses and she sees the familiar yellow Lamborghini pulls up and a 2014 Subaru Legacy B4 drives in behind it. Ahmed walks over to Shiloh first and he drops a key into her hand.

"What?"

"The Subaru is yours," Ahmed says.

Shiloh grins and she thanks him. "Want to see Amy?"

Ahmed nods his head. "I have some good news for her."

Shiloh leads him inside.

"I made you some coffee, Ty," Amy says, not turning around.

"Oh, thank you," Ahmed speaks up. "Very kind of you."

Amy chuckles as she turns around with a green coffee cup. "Ahmed? What are you doing here besides to see my cousin?" she asks.

Ahmed glances at Shiloh and back at Amy. "Well, I heard the coffee here was very good," he says as Ty enters. "So I thought I would come inside after bringing Shiloh a new car."

Amy chuckles. "You're spoiling her."

"Of course," Ahmed replies.

"Any word in Adrian?" Ty asks as he makes his way to Amy's side.

"Yes," Ahmed replies. "I am relieved to say that he was arrested at the airport and charged with criminal negligence."

"Good things the cops found him before I did," Ty says and he opens a cupboard.

"Would you like some coffee?" Amy asks.

Ahmed nods and he sits. He pulls Shiloh's chair beside his before she can. He raises an eyebrow at her and she sits. Amy pours some coffee into the cup before Ahmed.

"Look at you," Ahmed says with a casual smile, a smile that looks good on him. "Up and around. How have you been feeling?"

Amy sighs. "Pretty good," she claims. "Better. Actually, I'm glad you're here." She grabs an envelope from a drawer and hands it to him. "I wanted to give you this - it's too much money. I can't take it, I didn't earn it."

"Money can't even begin to compensate you for what happened," Ahmed says as Amy rejoins her fiancée's side. He looks at Ty. "Please, Ty. You make sure she cashes this check."

"Good luck telling Amy what to do but I'll try," Ty says as he takes the check from the Prince.

"I thought you would like to know that Emir is doing well," Ahmed says. "The wounds are superficial. They are healing no problem."

"Good," Amy says. "And Zeus?"

"Zeus is part of the reason I dropped by like this," Ahmed says. "I've reached a decision and it wasn't easy. Even though the stallion is from top bloodlines and has great promise, I believe he is unmanageable. He only lets Shiloh touch him but she can't go inside the stall."

"That sounds a bit harsh," Ty says to the first part of what Ahmed said.

"In my opinion, the horse cannot be redeemed," Ahmed claims.

"So what are you going to do?" Amy asks him.

"My vet will deal with the problem," Ahmed says.

"You mean, you're gonna out down a perfectly healthy horse?" Ty asks.

"Under the circumstances, yes," Ahmed replies.

"I don't agree with that," Amy replies and she takes a sip of her coffee.

"I didn't think you would, but I have made up my mind," Ahmed says. "I will never be able to look at the horse again without thinking of what he did to you. He's cursed."

Shiloh walks Ahmed out after that and he tells Hamza to get into the yellow car and he (Ahmed) gives Shiloh a meaningful kiss. Ty and Amy watch them from the porch.

"I'll get you a truck, too, for Kai's trailer," Ahmed promises. "Soon."

"I won't ask for it."

"I know." Ahmed pushed her hair back. "I want to." He then gets into his car. "Enjoy the Subaru, my gift."

Shiloh is a gender-neutral name of Hebrew origin, meaning "tranquil," "abundance," and "His gift."

Shiloh steps back and watches as the Prince leaves. She goes out to the barn and she checks her email for her next competition.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Ahmed set up some Arabic jumps before Jack dropped Shiloh and Kai off at Hill Hurst. He's not there but some of the groomers are.

"I'm Andre, the new head groomer," a black male says.

"I'm Shiloh, I'm a friend of Prince Ahmed," Shiloh says. "He set these jumps up for me. Is it okay if I run my horse around?"

"Go ahead," Andre replies.

Shiloh goes to the stables and goes to the stall where she put Kai. She lets him out and she puts the saddle and stuff on him. She brings him out to the ring and she gets on him. Shiloh looks at the complicated Arabic setup and she looks at Kai.

"We've got this, Baby," Shiloh says.

Shiloh runs Kai around the ring first and right as Ahmed silently enters and sits beside Andre, Shiloh starts the jumps. Ahmed stands up and he watches as she makes each jump and lands each one of them. A smile grows on the young Prince's face as he watches.

"She rides beautifully," Andre comments. 

"Yes," Ahmed agrees.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Ahmed pulls Shiloh into his arms when she's finished riding and they're in the stalls.

"I would like for this to move forward," Ahmed says, "you and me." He leans against the all between Emir and Kai. He pulls Shiloh against him.

"Really?"

"I really fancy you, Shiloh Bartlett," Ahmed says.

"And I feel the same way about you, Prince Ahmed Al Saeed," Shiloh replies. "We don't have to label it but once we're put in public together, it'll be known. You're a Prince and I'm a champion horse jumper on the verge of going pro."

"You are my girlfriend," Ahmed says simply. "I do not mind labels."

"Good," Shiloh replies. "I feel the same way."

"Andre will drive you and Kai back to Heartland," Ahmed says. "I'll see you soon."

Ahmed goes to get Andre and Shiloh leads Kai outside.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

While Amy and Ty go to see Zeus, Shiloh rides Kai through her simple Canadian jumps. She thinks that Kai might prefer the complicated jumps. She smiles at the thought and she continues the jumps.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Shiloh is brushing Shiloh when Ahmed comes by to check on Zeus. Ahmed walks over after Zeus sent off with Andre. Ahmed touched Kai's nose and the horse snorts in greeting.

Ahmed kisses Shiloh. "I have a tour coming up. I want you to come with me and jump, compete all over. You and Kai."

"I'll think about it."

Ahmed nods. "That is enough for me."

Ahmed gives his girlfriend a kiss on the lips before he gets into his car and he leaves. Shiloh smiles and she goes back to Kai.