A dish best served cold.

Although at first reluctant, Jack was eventually persuaded to throw his hat in the ring for the prestigious award as BusinessMan of the Year. The winner would be announced at the swanky Greenwood hotel, famous for catering to the rich and famous. It was whispered around town that Jack was not only a hot contender for the award, but that he would be announced as the winner. The atmosphere around the office was palpable with excitement after his secretary – quite innocently and accidentally – let slip that the Business Forum had requested copies of Jack's professional qualifications, photos of his past achievements including his current projects, as well as photos of his family. It would be used as part of a collage to be projected onto a giant screen behind the podium from where the winner would deliver his speech.

Jack was in high spirits. He was literally walking on air, and his staff breathed a collective sigh of relief due to his lack of focusing on them. It wouldn't last long, so they made the most of the short respite. Even his mood at home has lightened considerably and showered his wife with a diamond set which consisted of diamond earrings and matching necklace to be worn on the day of the function. The girls were treated to designer gowns of their choice with no reference to price. They accepted it readily and gracefully but it was in Mrs. Black and Jamie's eyes that the fires of revenge burnt at its height.

Jack did not notice it because he was too wrapped up in getting his speech pitch perfect. He was blissfully unaware that the night that was supposed to be his crowning glory would turn into a nightmare. Independent of one another, Mrs. Black and Jamie had formed their own plans, and after that night he would be famous, but for something altogether different.

Amanda who, after having given it some thought, has decided that she would not use the material outright. She would merely get up during Jack's speech and announce to the world what harlots her husband and his secretary were. Jamie had a better idea. She had taken the separate clips, created a porn movie of which the adult industry would have been proud. It would replace the collage during Jack's acceptance speech. Jamie had managed to crack the hotel's firewall and everything was ready for the big night.

The crystal chandeliers suspended from the ceiling shone their spotlights on a polished audience in their Sunday best. No expenses were spared on the string quartet whose soothing sounds settled some jittery nerves, the excellent food and wine.

The Black family was seated, together with other high ranking dignitaries at the front and center table in the ballroom. During the preliminary speeches, Jamie went to the bathroom to do a final check and with a smile confirmed that everything was still on course. She heard the bathroom door open and her sister slided in. She walked over to the mirror to fix her make-up and saw Jamie standing in a corner smiling by herself.

"What are you smiling about? Would you like to share?" Celeste asked.

Jamie's smile broadened and she answered, "no need to say anything sis. You'll see it for yourself in a few minutes."

"Any good?" Celeste asked with one raised eyebrow.

"No comment." Jamie teased.

A thunderous applause reached them from the ballroom.

"That's for dad. He has won I suppose. Come along sis. You don't want to miss it."

"Not for the world," Jamie answered and followed Celeste to their seats.

Jack stood on the podium and while delivering his speech, his achievements and pictures of his smiling family filled the giant screen behind him. Amanda's courage failed her. She couldn't go through with her plan. She resolved to confront Jack as soon as they got home. Jamie sat like someone struck dumb. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. She couldn't believe what was happening. Her mind tried to figure out how and where things had gone wrong, but she failed in finding answers.