Chapter 17 : The Marriage Declaration

Jung Hoseok was a handsome, young man. He had stayed by Jungkook's side for many years as his bodyguard and personal assistant with pretty impressive skills. He had grown up in the Jeon family because he was an orphan back then and Jeon Woo Keun had picked him up from the orphanage and raised him under Jeon Jaewon.

Jeon Woo Keun even arranged for him to stay in the Jeon Residence until he grew up and then moved out.

Jungkook treated Hoseok like his younger brother and even the servants in the Jeon Residence had respect for him.

"Mr Jung, Elder Madam asked you to take these into the car first."

The housekeeper led the servants to transfer a bunch of gifts into the car. The gifts were meant for Kim Seong Hee and Kim Ye Joon and there were also some for Seok Jin.

Hoseok opened the trunk and put the gifts inside. Soon, the whole trunk was filled up.

"It's done. Are the Master and Young Master here ?" Hoseok asked the housekeeper as he was done putting the stuff into the trunk. He then heard voices from the front.

"Seok Jin, Jungkook, come and visit when you have the time. I know you youngsters would like to spend time with each other since you've just gotten married. But I just hope that you guys can visit us more."

Jeon Yong Soo seemed to miss them already and she always felt a little lonely after retiring.

Seok Jin halted his steps at the entrance. He glanced to the side at Jeon Woo Keun and the bunch that had ushered them out. He felt immensely grateful that they had really genuinely accepted him as their grandson-in-law and a part of the Jeon family. An unexplainable wamrth swelled within him.

Seok Jin nodded and said in a soft tone, "We will. It's pretty cold outside. Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Appa, please go back in."

Jeon Woo Keun nodded with a smile and Jeon Jaewon said kindly, "Come back whenever you have the time. Jungkook is busy so just let him be."

"Be good. Don't forget about what I said before," Jeon Minsook reminded gently.

Seok Jin nodded with a smile as he bowed slightly. As he wanted to bid them farewell, the man beside him pulled him impatiently into the car.

"Drive," Jungkook told Hoseok as he just sat down and the latter quickly started the car.

The car traveled swiftly on the street with the couple at the back staying silent. As usual, Jungkook turned on his laptop and was looking at some company documents. Beside him, Seok Jin was flipping through his book.

"Mr Jeon ?" After a while, Seok Jin's voice broke the peaceful silence within the car.

"Mm ?" Jungkook replied without looking away from his laptop, his long slender fingers still typing away on the keyboard.

"I feel that grandfather, grandmother and your parents are all pretty nice..." Seok Jin paused before saying. He tilted his head and looked at Jungkook with envy in his eyes.

"They're your family as well. If you don't dislike them, you can go back anytime to visit."

"Do you rarely go back to the Jeon Residence ?"

"I abroad for the past several years and rarely came back. Right now, I'm busy. If you have the time, go and visit them more. Take it as helping me do my part too. As for work, you can stop if you want to and do as you wish."

"You're their son and grandson. Why should I do your part for you ? I'm just their grandson-in-law. There's a big difference," Seok Jin looked at him in disagreement.