Chapter 3: Chuunin Exams Day One

"Just let us through!" Lee screamed, stepping up to the two Chuunin who was blocking a door to what was believed to be the entrance to the first phase of the Chuunin Exams.

Hisako held back a growl in annoyance, "How long are we keeping up this charade? We all know this is a Genjutsu and the two Chuunin only masked that door to look like the door we need,"

"Lee said he wanted us to act low key for the Chuunin Exams. Not show off our real strength until we need to," Neji reminded Hisako, shaking his head.

Hisako watched as the Chuunin punched Lee square in the jaw sending him back a few feet with a screech as he landed on the floor rubbing his chin.

"Alright! I've had just about enough of this," Hisako shouted, her temper finally reaching the end of its fuse.

She stepped up to the two Chuunin, bringing up a hand to give the two an ear full when one of the two raised his fist. Hisako's eyes widened in disbelief and she watched the closed fist come down onto Hisako too. She gasped in surprise as she felt the jarring impact of his fist on her chin. She flew back, joining Lee on the floor grimacing in pain as she rubbed her jaw too.

Neji's patience ran out as well. He stepped up, about to intervene when the crowd behind them finally parted. Everyone stopped as none other than Team Seven walked into the fray. Sasuke was leading the group.

"This is dumb," Sasuke said, his voice bored, his arms crossed over his chest as he regarded the two Chuunin at the door, "do you really think we'd fall for this obvious Genjutsu? Pathetic,"

"Huh? What are you talking about! This isn't a Genjutsu, you punk!" one of the Chuunin screamed at Sasuke.

Sasuke rolled his eyes, looking over his shoulder to where Sakura was standing, "Go on Sakura, why don't you tell him? You do have the keenest sight on our team. I'm sure you were able to detect the Genjutsu before any of us,"

Sakura looked flustered at first, a blush forming on her cheeks from the praise Sasuke had given her.

"M-Me?" Sakura stammered, her green eyes darting between Sasuke and the two Chuunin, "Oh right! Yes, of course,"

Sakura cleared her throat, her tone becoming more serious, "Well, it's obvious this is a Genjutsu. The room we need is on the third floor, and this is only the second!"

Like a demon being called out, the sign above the door with the room number on it spun with chakra before the Genjutsu finally broke. The room number read 203. The entire crowd around them booed and quickly broke up to go to the room they actually needed to sign up for the Chuunin Exams.

Hisako stood up with a sigh, still rubbing her jaw. Lee, however, seemed to be immediately taken by Sakura. Neji and Hisako stood back as they watched Lee rush over to Sakura, taking up her hand, his black eyes lighting up with an inner fire as he announced his love for Sakura.

"Oh boy," Hisako grumbled rolling her eyes.

"And if you be my girlfriend, I swear to protect you with my life!" Lee shouted.

Sakura looked like she was about to lose her mind. Her hair stood on end, and her eyes were wide and wild as she internally began a battle with herself. Hisako let out a long sigh.

"I should probably help Sakura out," Hisako muttered.

She completely ignored the stare off Neji and Sasuke were in, lightning dancing between the two of them as Hisako firmly placed a hand on Lee's shoulder.

"Okay, c'mon Lee. We gotta go register still. You can talk to Sakura later," Hisako scolded, pulling him away from Sakura.

Sakura let out a sigh of relief and Hisako gave her friend a wink. It did sort of stink for Lee, that the first girl he had to crush on already had a crush. And of course, Sakura had to have a thing for Hisako's cousin. But, unfortunately, she also knew that as Sasuke is now, he would never fall for Sakura. Or for anyone for that matter.