06

"Can I ask you something?" Jaylynn asked and I looked over at her

She skillfully drives with one hand on the steering and the other on her thigh which occasionally changes the gears.

"Yeah sure," I answered and she licked her lips before speaking.

"Why can't you look me in the eyes?" she asked

"What are you talking about?"

Her eyes leave the road and she locks eyes with me. I looked away and she spoke.

"See, you can't keep eye contact with me anymore. I promise I won't turn you into stone," she says and I looked at my fingers with a smile.

"Scarlett?" she says and the car came to a halt. I let out a hum in response.

I looked up and I noticed we were at a stoplight. People started making their way across the road and I looked at Jaylynn who was already staring at me.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" She asks

"No," I said and she sighs

"Then what's the problem?" she asked

"Nothing,"

"Scarlett look into my eyes please,"

"I can't," I said

"Why not?" she asked and I looked up at her.

"I had a sex dream about you and I can't get it out of my head whenever we make eye contact," I said and if I wasn't mistaken I saw a small smirk lingering on her. I looked back at my fingers and she spoke.

"When?"

"The night I slept at your house," I said before hearing the honking of cars behind us.

I turned around to look at the cars behind us and I felt our car moving once again.

Neither of us said anything and soon we drove through the neighborhood gates.

The car stopped at my gate and I was about to get out. Matthew's car wasn't in the driveway.

I tried opening the door but realized it was locked.

"Lynn the door is locked," I said and she didn't respond. I turned to her but our eyes didn't meet.

"Did you hate the dream?" she asked.

"You're my client, Lynn," I said

"That doesn't answer the question, Scarlett," she said and I bit the inner parts of my cheek.

"Did you hate the dream, Lettie?"

"No," I whispered honestly before I felt her hand under my chin. She raised my head and my eyes met hers.

"What's the problem?"

"I can't get you out of my head," I whispered.

"I can't either but the difference is I don't want to get you out of my head," she said and I stared into her eyes for a couple of seconds.