Chapter 6

QUESTION:: Would You Like Me To Add Pictures Of the Characters' Outfits? YES or NO? Comment!
Also, I added a few emojis to this chapter. I apologize if some of you are unable to see them.

Out of anger, I kicked a vending machine that was nearby. Maybe I was blowing this out of proportion.
Or maybe you're right about Johnathon.
I ran my fingers through my hair then sighed. Suddenly, a Snickers bar fell out of the vending machine. I looked around if anyone noticed then picked it up. All of this bullshit was making me kinda hungry anyway.
I sat down in a comfy chair nearby in the hallway and ripped the wrapper open. I took multiple bites then closed my eyes, throwing my left leg over the arm of the chair. I was a little surprised when I reopened them and saw Carol and Chelsea hovering over me.
"What?" I asked in a monotonous tone, chocolate and caramel in my teeth.
Chelsea snickered. I glared at her
Carol sighed then stooped beside me. "Chelsea and Claire told me what happened. Are you okay?"
I nodded.
"I know you don't trust him but at least let him apologize. He's willing to." Carol continued," Plus, he helped Syl. At least thank him for that, Aria."
I shrugged then continued to eat my candy bar. Carol got up then headed back to the waiting room.
"C'mon. Just get it over with then we can go Nancy Drew on his gardening ass later," Chelsea winked.
I smiled.
"But get that shit out of your teeth first," she erupted in laughter.

***********************************************************************************************

After 'accepting' John's apology and painfully thanking him, it was my turn to see Syl. I entered his room cautiously then closed the door behind me.
"Hey baby," he smiled, warming my heart.
"Hi, how are you feeling?" I blushed, taking a seat on the chair beside his bed.
He held my hand, "I'm better now. How are you? I heard you knocked John down."
I rolled my eyes.
"Aria, baby, he saved me."
Oh my gosh! I cant stand hearing that.
I nodded. "Do you remember what happened?"
Syl stared at the ceiling, recollecting his memories.
"I was driving home. To be honest, I was speeding but only to get home and out of the awful weather. Someone was driving in the opposite direction and I guess they lost control of their car and ended up in my lane," he sighed then continued, "I swung out of the way then ended up in a ditch. The person's car screeched to a stop but it seemed like they hesitated and sped off. Moments later, I remembered John pulling me out."
"Do you remember the car, honey?" I asked. I wanted every detail.
"A black corvette. Looked like a 1990 model," he replied. "But don't worry about it. I'm just happy I'm alive."
"Me too," I replied, kissing his forehead.
He kissed my hand.
I was happy that Syl was doing well, however, all I wanted to do now was search everywhere for that car and I couldn't wait.

***********************************************************************************************
The next day I woke up pretty late due to the fact that we got home at four in the morning. The bed felt empty without Syl. The doctors kept him under observation for two more days. Claire and I were alone once more. I took my cellphone from the bedside table and saw a couple messages.

One from Carol:
*Pierce and I got home. Stop overthinking about John. Just get some rest when u leave the hospital*
Delete. I wanted to hear nothing about Johnathon.
Two from Syl:
*Aria babe plz get some sleep 2nite. I love you ❤️*
*i hope ur ok. I miss u.*
Reply: *I miss u too honey.*
And another from Chelsea:
*Shopping👠👗? Lunch🍴? Go undercover 2 c wht ur gardener is hiding🔍?? 😈*

I giggled. Chelsea had a way with emojis. I hit reply:
*ofc 😂. Pick me up? Swollen feet😕*

PING! Chelsea replied:
*ok . Will be there by 1:30😈👍🏻 *

I tossed my cellphone on the bed then headed to the bathroom. I took a hot shower to wake my tired muscles and soothe my headache. A day with Chelsea was what I needed. I quickly dried off then flung open my closet door. All I could think about was a black 1990 Corvette. I grabbed a pair of leather pants and a red, plaid shirt off the rack then tossed them on the bed. I found some old black flats I had then added a white tee. It was 1:15pm by the time I got dressed. I hurried, putting a little makeup on my bare face then grabbed my hair into a messy bun.
I could hear a car horn from the end of my driveway.
Chelsea.
I grabbed my bag, phone and keys then headed downstairs.
"See you later, Claire!" I yelled before slamming the door.
I hopped into Chelsea's truck then we sped off out the driveway then down the street.
"What's first, partner?" Chelsea asked, looking over her Michael Kors shades.
"Retail therapy would be nice," I replied, applying my red lipstick in the mirror.
Chelsea nodded.
I couldn't wait to start the day with Chelsea, especially because I was anticipating the moment when we would see if John was innocent or not.

QUESTION:: Would You Like Me To Add Pictures Of the Characters' Outfits? YES or NO? Comment! Or just Vote if YES.