Chapter 13

Sylvester left in a heartbeat so I invited Chelsea over. She arrived in less than thirty minutes. I told her everything that happened and even she was appalled by Syl's behaviour.

"Where's Claire?" Chelsea asking looking around the room.

"Apparently she fell down the staircase and broke her neck but she'll be fine," I sighed. "I think I want to go see her now. Wanna come?"

"Sure. Jared will be home late anyway," Chelsea replied, picking her bag up.

***************************************************************************************

On our way to the hospital, I tried calling Syl but of course, there was no answer.

We arrived at the hospital couple minutes later and found Claire's room. To our surprise, Syl and his dad were already speaking to her. There was awkward silence in the room.

Have you ever entered a room of people and they have guilty looks on their faces like they were just talking about you?

Well, that's what it was like in there.

All eyes on me.

Finally, Syl's father, Pierce, broke the silence by greeting Chelsea and I followed by hugs and kisses. Syl greeted Chelsea warmly then gave me a stiff nod.

How long was he going to keep this up for?

Claire's neck was in a brace but she looked fine otherwise. She was obviously doing well now but I was still interested to know how it happened. Ignoring the small chat between Pierceand Chelsea, I started talking to Claire.

"What happened though?" I asked, rubbing her hand.

"Well, that's what I was about to share with Sylvester and his dad. I didn't fall," she said, interrupting their chat.

Now all eyes were on her.

"What are you saying, Claire?" Pierce asked a little confused.

Claire sighed, "I believe I was pushed."

"By who?" Chelsea exclaimed.

"Moss," she whispered, widening her fear-filled eyes.

*********************************************************************************************

Everyone (but me, of course) was shocked that Moss would do such a thing. Chelsea and I knew he what he was capable of but I believed if he could kill pregnant women, he could kill anyone else. But why Claire?

"Were you guys arguing or something?" I asked.

Claire shook her head. "Nope, but I did see him searching your bedroom. He gave a poor excuse and I told him to get out. Then when we got to the stairs, I felt him push me."

"Why didn't you say something?" Syl asked, his tone very low.

"He was right there! You should've seen the look in his eyes! He is straight from the pit of hell I tell ya," Claire sobbed.

I have never seen her like this.

"I think it's time you tell them," Chelsea whispered, a little too loudly if you asked me.

"Tell us what?" Syl intervened, very curious.

I sighed.

"Aria and I have been doing some.. ahem.. research on Moss and he really isn't who you think he is," Chelsea stated.

Syl looked at me then hung his head in a bit of shame.

"We found a box filled with stuff from his past and believe me, it is very gruesome. I don't wish to discuss this at the hospital though. And Sylvester, I think you're gonna have to call the cops for this. Not only Claire's life is in danger but my life and the baby as well," I declared.

Everyone stared at me in shock.

"Your life? And the baby's? Why would Moss do that?" Syl asked. His tone filled with worry and concern.

Now you care?

"Yes. Johnathon Moss is a serial killer."

"Are you sure about that?" Pierce asked.

What is it with these McMaster men? Of course I'm fucking sure.

"Very sure, Mr. McMaster. Aria and I found this out together. Moss a box filled with secrets... literally," Chelsea answered.

"We snuck into his home and found this box of pictures and newspaper articles of dead pregnant women he once dated," I explained to them, "We believe Moss has some kind of fetish for pregnant women."

"Fetish? That sounds absurd!" Syl chucked in disbelief, "I've had enough of this, Aria."

"Why can't you just believe me?" I yelled.

"Because you always think someone's trying to kill you or hurt you! Get over it!" Syl replied then stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him.