Chapter 8

To my readers: I apologize for taking forver but I promised you pictures of the characters' outfits in the previous chapter, unfortunately, Wattpad wasn't allowing it and I didn't want to break my promise. However, they fixed the problem so here they are. Enjoy!

- Kriss. xoxo

********************************************************************************************

Chelsea drove her truck. I sat at the back and let Johnathon sit in the passenger seat just in case he tried something stupid. We drove for what felt like eternity. I memorized all the turns and marked all the names of the roads. Moss was extremely quiet and he seemed uneasy as well as he tapped his fingers twitched now and then and he fidgeted very often.
Finally, we came to the last turn. This road was not like the others. It was long, narrow and there were no houses, just trees and a few electricity poles. His street was eerie. Tall trees were everywhere and some of the street lights were out. The entire street looked like it was pulled out of a horror movie. His house was at the dead end of the street. It was a small, cabin and outside looked filthy. There were old furniture in the driveway and hundreds of bags piled up at his garbage bin. It looked like no one sane lived here. The home was dilapidated and eerie.
"No one's home?" I asked.
He shook his head then replied, "I live alone.
"Oh."
I can see why.
"Thanks for taking me home," he mumbled, flying the door open.
"No worries," Chelsea stated.
I cleared my throat. Moss turned and looked at me.
"Would you like me to pick you up so you can get to work tomorrow? Cause you left your truck at my house," I asked.
He sat quietly, thinking I assume. "No thank you. I'll find a way. Goodnight Mrs. McMaster. Night Chelsea."
Wow. So formal.
Moss got out of the vehicle then I took his seat. We waited until he went inside his house then drove off.
Chelsea started clapping while I was doing my happy dance.
"It worked!" Chelsea exclaimed.
"Yup. Tomorrow we come here after I pick Syl up from the hospital. Moss should get to my house by then," I replied.

****************************************************************************

The next morning I woke up to the sound of Johnathon working in the yard. I had no idea how he got here but I was glad he made it. This meant I had enough time to get in his house and search for clues while he was here. I went downstairs and had breakfast with Claire. She made pancakes, eggs and bacon.
"So you figured out where he lived?" Claire asked after taking a bite of toast.
I sat there shocked that she figured out last night's plan.
"How did you know," I asked.
"I'm not stupid.. plus, I forced it out of Chelsea last night," she smirked.
"He lives on an empty street, Claire. That's the first sign he's mental. I mean who doesn't like neighbors? Or even the idea that you live on a long street by yourself. I mean what if something happens? No one will ever know."
"Obviously him. He probably likes that. Listen, just be careful. I really don't trust him and I would hate to see you and especially the baby get hurt," she replied, taking the empty plates to the sink.
Maybe she's right..
..nah, not entirely.
I got back upstairs to take a shower to pick Sylvester up from the hospital. I missed my husband; two nights without him was a drag. I wished I could tell him all that was going on but I knew he wouldn't approve and would beg me to stop immediately. I couldn't tell him although I had a little proof. I sat on my bed and pulled the bedside table drawer open. Johnathon's wallet was still there. I took out the odd ID that was there with the picture of the lady taped to the back of it.
Michael Wyatt.
I had to know who was Michael Wyatt and what happened to him. I already knew a little about Johnathon Moss; he was a complete liar and a fake.
But why and how was he created?
And who was this woman?
Johnathon was hiding something and I had to find out what it is.

I hit the shower then started searching in my closet. I pulled out a cute red jacket with a pair of jeans. I searched my drawers for a cute top and stumbled upon an old stripe top Carol bought me for Christmas. After slipping on my black rain boots, I grabbed my Chanel purse and grab the car keys.

I picked Syl up from the hospital. I was so excited to see him. His face lit up when I got to his room. The doctor told him to rest for an extra day then he could get back to work.
"You look stunning baby," he grinned, kissing my cheeks.
I blushed instead of responding. Syl could always melt my heart which was bittersweet because I never had the guts to stay mad at him for long.

We got in the car and indulged in long conversation about the accident, his recovery and what I've been doing at home without him. Of course, I excluded my today's upcoming mission and the one I had last night. I disliked lying to Sylvester but a bitch had to. I needed to know the ugly truth about our 'landscaper'. I couldn't have a stranger around my home, especially after the Victoria incidents.
"So what are your plans today? You're just gonna leave as I get home? Don't you wanna stay with me?" he whined.
I paused.
Think, Aria. Think!
"I promised Chelsea I would run errands with her today babe. I swear I will be home early. I can order take out and we sit in front of the tv and chill. Just the two of us," I negotiated.
He looked out the window and tapped his fingers on his leg, thinking.
"Pizza would be lovely," he responded.
I smiled. "Great. Pizza it is babe."
"And it's not two, it's three of us now," he said, matter of factly then kissed my cheek.
Aww.

I dropped Syl off then headed to Chelsea's home. I was extremely anxious to get to Moss' house to start digging for clues. I had no idea what was driving me to do all this bravery and Nancy Drew shit but I kind of liked the thrill of it all.
As soon as I pulled up to Chelsea's home, she came outside dressed in all-black everything.
"You look like a cross between a biker chick and a wanna-be detective," I blurted out as soon as she got in the car.
"Drive the car," she side-eyed me.
I giggled.
"You're supposed to be in full black as well," she whined, "We are going undercover, Aria."
"Send me a memo next time," I replied sarcastically.
"Anyway, I found out there's another road we can park on and take a shortcut to Moss' house but we'd end up in his backyard," she stated, searching on her phone.
"Great because I can't park nearby in case he comes home early or something."
"Right."
"And you sure it's the right way?"
"Yep, just a small walk through the woods. You can handle it," she nodded.

I couldn't wait to get there.

The secrets of Johnathon Moss or Michael Wyatt (whoever the fuck he is) are about to be revealed.