Chapter 8

Pete had put no thought on how everything would go at this lunch. He wouldn’t let himself. But now that he’s in the backseat waiting for everyone else to say their goodbyes outside, he’s able to look at the whole day in hindsight. He actually had planned somehow not living past the encounter. He knows that's insulting to Tankhun and Porsche, but Pete really weighed the possibility that Kinn might gun him down for "betraying" the family. He even typed out two goodbye notes and scheduled them to text out tonight - one to Vegas and one to Macau, complete with an "I love you” for each one. He tried not to think of how Vegas would take a text like that, especially with the current state he's in. He's actually been all over the place, so he could take Pete's death in a number of ways, from tears to rage to murder threats to giggling maniacally- 

Vegas: You - ☺️😏👖📴🎪🍆 Me - 🥵🧎🏻♂️😮😲👕👖📴🛏️🕳️  Us - 🔥🌋💦🥛🤤😋❤️🌈

Or maybe he would just masturbate himself to death. His lust driven fantasies are getting much more extensive and complex. Pete seriously hopes he isn't this blatant around Macau right now. 

Pete: Are you offering to give me a blowjob or are you offering to bottom? You surprisingly got your rimjob offer across with emojis, but this one is a little unclear, especially with the random black hole.  What does it mean?

Vegas: It means whatever you want it to mean. 🫣😏

Pete: Wait, are you open to bottoming???

Pete waits for a response and Vegas seems to be typing and stopping, typing and stopping. It goes on long enough for him to watch out of the window and see Arm come to the car and get in the driver's seat while Tankhun and Kim continue to chat with Kinn outside for a few more minutes. Despite Vegas's apparently long answer or hesitancy to send a text giving him sudden anxiety, he puts away his phone and directs his attention to Arm. 

"How is everything?" Pete asks. Arm turns in his seat to meet his eyes and shrugs. 

"Kinn is taking it hard," Arm says, "All of it, probably, but the uh…the whole Vegas thing is really getting to him. I don’t think he even understands why he’s so upset by it.”

"He's upset about Tankhun and Kim visiting him?" Pete guesses, glancing at his phone again. Vegas is still typing. 

"That's probably part of what's gotten him so overwhelmed. It definitely is, but…" Arm says, trailing off before getting more blunt, "Right now, he is still really heartbroken over Vegas apparently being prostituted out by Gun and Korn. He keeps swearing up and down that he didn’t know and said that it was no wonder Vegas hated them. None of them caught onto anything being wrong, so they never tried to help him and get him to safety. Kinn was already angry about Namphueng. Everyone is. He also wants to work with me to get to the bottom of how involved Korn was with Khun's kidnapping. That's one of the things he pulled me away to talk about, along with some overprotective brother stuff.”

“So who’s worse?” Pete has to ask, “Kim or Kinn?”

Arm lets out a chuckle, “I don’t know. They’re too different. Kim’s more…persistent in his protectiveness so far. But over the last week or two, he’s been clingy. Just last night, he said Korn was no longer his father and that Khun and I are his parents now. I reminded him that I am only six years older than him, but he kept calling me Pa and only said he'd try not to call me that around other people, but couldn't promise me."