CHAPTER 8:Snaring Tikaku, in Sato's Mind

So the Humanoid mother of Akito and empress Hana came to the rescue of her children, mused Sato after learning that it was Tikaku who snared Daiki based on the report sent him by his mole at the police station.

She possessed incredible power then, for she could even control the mind of others. What an awesome machine, muttered Sato while puffing his cigar. I wished she could serve me and do my bidding. If she could only serve me, I would be the most powerful man in this country. There was no need to destroy her. I wanted her brought to me and kneel before me in submission. I'll do it if I have to force her.

Sato's delusional mind verged on fantasy, but if he could discover her weaknesses he might succeed in taming her to submission. He knew who invented her because he had access to the laboratory of the school where she was made. Then he remembered her husband. Yes! Why not. I didn't think of it. How about luring her husband then using him as a bait? He was just an ordinary man with no super power. I appreciate that guy for falling in love with a machine. Because of him she reinvented herself, disobeyed her Masuta so that even her master could not see the distinction between her and her look-alike clone. Where can I find him?

What did they do to her? How did they program her? He did not know how she was programmed, but it was more than programming that went into her making.

He did not know how science was employed in endowing her with human nature, especially human passion, love and compassion, and in the process she became a true wife and mother. No greater than that. And because of this she was out to defend her loved ones, willing to die for their sake. That's it, but Sato knew nothing about the power of love. Except to resurrect a false, delusional tradition which almost sent his country to oblivion if not for the survival spirit of the people and for accepting their mistake. But would Sato accept his mistake? He was beyond redemption.

After Tikaku left Hiro went to the Meiji shrine to find solace and tranquility. He did not know if Tikaku would survive from her mission of neutralizing Sato. The thought of losing her, of being reduced to useless metals, drove Hiro to nihilistic thoughts. But he trusted her survival instinct, for she was programmed to rise from the ashes of human despair. She will prevail , Hiro told himself. But who is Sato? He asked himself. What kind of a man is he? Can he exceed the power of Tikaku?

Sato and his minion were holed up in their impenetrable lair and they were ready to die fighting for a cause no matter how bloody it would cause. But how could he snare Tikaku or Hiro her husband? Sato pulled out a cigarette from his leather pouch. He looked at his warriors who stood at attention, waiting for his order, never bothered by any danger that awaited them. Most of his warriors were young, dreamy and ambitious, pining for the old order when their ancestors lorded it over this cherry blossom land, shutting its door to the foreigners who brought with them a new religion whose followers willingly allowed themselves to be nailed to a wood in imitation of their maker. These thoughts came to Sato's mind. I will offer myself as a bait and she will come to take me, mused Sato. Let her come. I'm ready for you, Humanoid robot.