Chapter 27

Caroline had often warned Harry to stay away from men, especially the intense ones. She told her that unless she could find a man better than her father was, and she approved of him, then and only then would she allow him to be with Harry.

The winds in the training grounds blew rather harshly. On some occasions, it's hard to hear due to them. In this case, though, the winds were slow and pleasant. Harry's mind went blank; she had no idea of how to respond to this new person.

"Is one kiss not good enough?" he asked her. When she didn't respond, he kissed her hand again. Her mind came back to her, and she jumped. "Wha-what are . . . are you-"

"You're very beautiful," he suddenly said.

Harry tried to pull her hand away, but he was holding onto it too tightly. Although, he wasn't hurting her.

"Huh? What? No, I-I'm not." She didn't know what to say to his compliment. "Thank you," she said uncertainly. She truly did not know how to handle such a straightforward person.

"Very beautiful."

She laughed nervously.

"Okay," Kahil said, intervening. "Get your hands off her." He took Terrance's hand and yanked him up off the ground. "Aw, come on, Kahil," he whined.

Harry gasped, "Ka-"

The name of the second highest person in the kingdom was just called so casually by someone of a lower status. She immediately turned her gaze towards him. She had expected him to get angry and throw a fit as Kaitlyn had done, but much to her surprise, he did not do or say anything about it. He just brushed it off.

"Did you hear what I said?" Kahil asked. "You're making her uncomfortable, so just stop already.

"I am?" he asked very surprisedly. He looked at Harry, and her expression confirmed it. He gasped and quickly backed away while stuttering, "I-I'm so sorry!" His actions made Harry become flustered as well.

"No," she replied very quickly, "It's fine! It's fine! It's completely fine!"

After that, the two boys completely changed the topic.

"Terrance, did you get what I asked for?"

"Yes, I did, everything."

"Good, we might as well get our gear." Kahil sighed heavily, "It's been a while since I've had a worthy opponent."

Terrance chuckled, "Yes, well, if you're looking for a worthy one, then I'm afraid there's not any here."

"Hm? Why not?"

"Because . . . "

They all looked back at the empty grounds.

"You scared them all off."

Harry muttered, "They're really all gone."

Kahil sighed again and put his arm on Terrance's shoulder. "Then, I guess you'll have to do."

Terrance nervously smiled and replied, "No way! I'm nowhere near good enough to be the crown prince's opponent."

"Huh?" Kahil asked. "What are you talking about? You'll be fine! If you are good enough to be my closest friend, then you are good enough to spar with me."

After hearing Kahil say that, it all suddenly made sense to her. A huge wave of happiness crashed down on her.

"You-the two of you are best friends?" she asked excitedly.

"Best friends?" they both asked confused.

"No," Kahil answered quickly.

"No," Terrance replied. "We aren't like that."

Harry continued with her ramblings, "Wow, so the two of you are best friends? I have two best friends, too! My mother has always said that you should always cherish your friends! I do; I will always cherish and appreciate them!" Once she stopped talking, she realized how much she had been rambling. Her face quickly turned red with embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry," she said speaking quickly and flustered. "I-I've said too much! I'm so sorry!"

She thought that her apology would be enough for them to let it go, but she was met with an unexpected reaction. As they walked to the stables, the two boys kept laughing until they couldn't breathe.

"We don't care if you talk a lot," replied Terrance.

"Yeah," agreed Kahil. "For you, a person who barely says anything, it's kind of refreshing."

"It is," Terrance agreed. "So talk as much as you like; we won't judge you for it."

She was sort of relieved by their actions.

"Harry," Kahil called. "Would you like to help us grab our gear?"

She smiled at them and wholeheartedly answered, "Yes, of course, I would!" She had been following slowly behind them, but now she hurried to walk by their sides.