ABOUT A MIRACLE

The following chapter is essential for readers who want a quick view of 'Wish A Miracle' and its aids

People and their beliefs

1. Nihilism ( believed by the two-thirds of villagers ) 

[Nih-hil-ism]

the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.

Nihilists→ people who believe in nihilism.

2. Belief in Almighty ( one third of the villagers ) 

they believe that everything happens for the destined fate. Our choosen end. And there's a reason. 

This belief is driven out and mostly kept hidden.

Area and places

1. Kyeon-ju

[ Ka-e-on-ju]

A small, lowland village situated at the southest corner of South Korea. Infamous for the mass slaughterings of children in the war of 1928.

2. Auoran

[A-o-ran]

A town near the seaside, less ravaged by the aftermaths of the war in 1928. It had powerful resistance around all the exists led by the youths of Auoran, who called themselves 'The Neutrals'.

A Brief History

'War Of Rights' and the village Kyeon-ju:-

"Civil war of 1928, that caused huge massacre all over the country, also called as the 'War Of Rights'. It was led by the leading two political parties of South Korea. The war was resolved after a year by the power thirsty government stepping down from ruling. 'War Of Rights' has a bloody history written on the pages; including the notorious murder of one hundred children inside a poisoned dungeon in Kyeon-ju.

This war was thrown on people's shoulders by force. Many young men left their home for the war, and never returned. Among many other villages, Kyeon-ju suffered through critical downfall; the deaths of innocent children caused the people lose every bit of hope and sense of humanity. It was rumoured that none other than the Councilor himself was the master planner behind this bloodshed. He sought vengeance against the families who supported the opposite political party, in that normal looking day of 18th February, 1928.

In 1929, the Councilor was executed by the villagers, pieces of his body were found near the wild forest. His successor, Kang Han-Seok, the head of Kang Household; took after the position."

- an excerpt from Kim Hwang's 'War of Rights : The Dark Age of Democracy in South Korea.'