18. Invitation

Letters | Kang Mira

Letters | Kang Mira

"Hyung, we are ready, let's go

"Hyung, we are ready, let's go." Beomgyu wildly hollars outside the door while banging his fists upon it.

I turn away from Yeonjun breathlessly. My eyes linger in the doorknob, that continues twisting and turning. Beomgyu is pulling it from the outside, the wooden door thrashes against the frame. A pair of warm hands captures my cheeks and makes me look at him.

"Eyes on me." Yeonjun mutters slowly, his eyes darting down to my lips, then going up again to hold me with his stare. "Answer first, Mira."

"I-I-" I try threading any words right now, any words, just any words, but those stay clogged up inside my throat, despite me willing vehemently to push upward. My lips part, legs wobble, heart thrashes, chest heaves. As the banging gets louder, I whisper,

"B-but they-"

Yeonjun doesn't speak, neither he seems to pay any attention to the commotion outside. He holds my face in his hands with utmost grace, as if he is admiring a fallen lilly torn under his feet. How crucial this feels to my bones, and how breathtaking I find his stare to be, those eyes are worshipping me, it feels like this, so good, so right, and I want him to do this for me till the eternity washes over to our paths.

"You- you can." my fingers wrap around his wrists, my eyes looking into his intently. "You can kiss me anywhere."

Something flickers in Yeonjun's eyes.

He doesn't let me understand that furthermore, though. By another blink, I see him letting go of me, his stare turning into a dead scowl, as he goes to the door and opens it with a loud, forced bang.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO?"

Jumping on my feet, I quickly cover my ears. I look past his left shoulder, and find visibly terrified, shaken to core Beomgyu and Soobin standing in front of Yeonjun. Both of the brothers scoot close to each other.

"Wh-why are you barking at us?" Beomgyu stutters, his hands are protectively thrown around Soobin's waist. The elder one swallows nervously. "You are the one who told us to get ready, didn't you?"