9. Wedding Presents

Killshot | Kang Mira

There's a sudden shift in the atmosphere of the hospital

I watch with my eyes scrutinised. The number of female patients has fairly increased; they are practically running around the hallroom while screeching and kicking their feet in the air. One of the girls knocks herself against my bed, and falls face to face on the floor. My eyes widen; I crawl to the end of the mattress to peek over her.

"Dear, are you okay? I lend her my hand, but she only stares. Slowly, she starts blinking, then lets out a high pitched scream.

"He's coming!"

"Who?" I ask, totally lost in the maze of uttering words. The girls stands up by clutching the railing of my bed, then pants.

"Dr. Taehyun! Kang Taehyun! And his handsome assistant, Huening Kai!"

The name indeed rings a bell inside my mind. The girl starts leaping in the air, giggling and crying at the same time.

"Gosh, what's he doing in this ward suddenly? Oh, my- he's been my crush since I got admitted here- oh, oh! What should I do?" the girl looks down at her white gown, trying to smoothen the creases. "Am I looking good enough?" she turns to me and asks desperately. "Will he like me?"

Due to my perplexed expression, she sighs and leaves. I lean backward, feeling confused at their behaviour.

I have just taken my breakfast and sent Yurin back to upstairs for some rest. I don't see any reason for her staying beside me all the time. My wound has been healing fast; Yeonjun says it's because I have strong endurance.