Dreaming and Screaming

Swetzer coughs, suffering a bit from the remaining nixing essence inside her. The Clothians, Yume and Skarvs look over, fearful for Swetzer's safety. After Kap somehow runs really good diagnostics, Yume reads the chicken scratch somehow, reporting the issue, "Guys, the nixing essence is taking advantage of his... generally negative attitude."

Slep yawns, putting Swetzer to sleep, "We needs someone... who knows Swetzer well... to enter their dreams..." Uncertain murmurs are heard, not sure who to pick. Skarvs raises it's scarf arm, surprising everyone, "I know Swetzer well. Let me go!"

Yume begins the magic dream transfer, "So... are you absolutely certain?" Skarvs takes a deep breath, "Yes."

Skarvs beams through an intense light, breaking through to the darkness within Swetzer's dreams. When Skarvs awakens... everything almost looks familiar. Like Stitchlie Valley but... warped and wrong. It seems Skarvs is being prevented from peering behind into the rocky and stitched-together Clothian terrain peeking from within the floor and other surfaces, all haphazard and barely strung-together.

The dream itself barely holds together visually, offering a splotchy look into how little Swetzer can see, only being in mixes. Skarvs simply closes it's eyes and lets the dream guide him.

A voice calls out to Skarvs, "H-hey! It's me! Swetzer? How are ya Skarvs?" Skarvs sighs, opening his eyes in relief to hear Swetzer, "I'm ok... it's you that's hurt." Swetzer scoffs, "I-I'm not broken! I'm fine!" Skarvs is a bit perplexed, but also notices a blurry, distorted being in the distance. They look like Swetzer, except glowing pitch black, with glowing white eyes and no smirk. "Oh heh... that's not important," the Swetzer voice says, albeit not deterring Skarvs in the slightest.

As Skarvs chases it, a bunch of tribe-based tiles are tossed towards him. Skarvs creates some dream cubits, mixing with other blurry Mixels, ones caught in floating thought bubbles, to speed up on corresponding tribe tracks. From a mix with Awak-Slep to glide across Goodnyght tiles, to a mix with Jeanne to jump and hop past the Clothian tiles, to even mixing with Ph0ne and skittering across the MixBot tiles. Eventually, the tracks become gray and glitchy, slowing Skarvs down no matter what...

...

But then, a dreamtastic Stitchlies max bursts into action, going so fast it reaches the being and hugs them. Then they...

cry.

As the max splits, the Stitchlie yarn barely holding together the dream BURSTS open, the jagged stitched Clothian rocks peeking through and tearing it apart. Skarvs gets pushed back, cycling through many unfamiliar memories within the avalanche.

Skarvs is put in front of a bunch of blurred out shadowy figures, casting judgment upon him. Their stare is absolute... but Skarvs feels inclined to tell a joke, "What do you call a food eating murp?" The shadows pause, murmuring whispers amongst themselves, "A burp!" The shadows simply do not respond, fully shunning and casting Skarvs to the next memory.

The voice returns, "H-hey! Y-you shouldn't look here. It has... the past." Skarvs finally remembers the newspaper Nitti threw out, as it barrels through to the next memory, "You are NOT Swetzer. Dare I say, this is Schnix, isn't it?" The voice screams in a horrifying voice, dissipating rapidly and falling out of earshot.

In the next memory, Skarvs feels someone's pain, being tormented by more shadowy figures, ones that are emotionally harmful. Shouts and yells of "you're worthless," "we hate you," and various other words, dripping with pain, surround Skarvs. However, through the darkness, Sneek appears to protect, making them back off after a mix. He turns around ribbiting a request to be friends.

In the final memory, Skarvs has been separated from the situation, being next to a small shadow akin to the being it was chasing. They sit at an empty table with one gift, brought by their friend and family. A single balloon floats with a creak to the floorboard.

"Hey, Swetzer," Skarvs says to the short figure, "Even if your past is... all mixed up... we can still be friends," The Clothian conscious grins a little, "Even the Goodnyghts and other Stitchlie would love to be friends!!" Swetzer's conscious settles down, trying to hold back one more thing he has.

A bonflower pops out of the ground, opening as the landscape shifts to a strange combination of Stitchlie Valley and the Clothian Caverns. The bonflower, the same one gifted by Skarvs, embraces him in warmth. Skarvs smiles happily as he gets sucked out from the dream.

The End