𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Riding horseback and walking through fields. Rhaenyra rode next to Ser Jorah as he taught her some Dothraki phrases.
"Do the Dothrakis buy their slaves?" Daenerys asked.
"The Dothraki don't believe in money. Most of their slaves were given to them as gifts." Jorah informed.
"From whom?" Dani looked at Jorah.
"If you rule a city and you see the horde approaching, you have two choices : pay tribute or fight." He explained. "An easy choice for most. Of course, sometimes it's not enough. Sometimes a Khal feels insulted by the number of slaves he's given. He might think the men too weak or the women too ugly. Sometimes a Khal decides his riders haven't had a good fight in months and need the practice." Jorah finished.

Daenerys sees one of the Dothraki men strike a slave with a whip for not moving fast enough.
"Tell them all to stop." Daenerys ordered.
"You want the entire horde to stop? For how long?" Jorah asked.
"Until I command them otherwise." Daenerys said.
"You're learning to talk like a Queen." Jorah smiled.
"Not a Queen. A Khaleesi." Daenerys looked forward.

Daenerys dismounts her horse and walks through the field off of the path. She hears noises coming towards her and grass snapping. Her brother Viserys storms into the clearing on horseback wielding a sword.
"You dare! You give commands to me? To me? You do not command the dragon. I am Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. I don't take orders from savages or their sluts. Do you hear me?" Viserys argued. Viserys has his sword to Daenerys' throat. Rakharo whips Viserys, wrapping it around his neck and yanking him to his back.
The man asked something in Dothraki.
"Rakharo ask if you want him dead, Khaleesi." Irri translated to Dani.
"No!" She said with fear. The man said something else.
"Rakharo say you should take ear, to teach respect." Irri said.
"Please please, don't hurt him. Tell
him I don't want my brother harmed." Dani begged.
"Kill these Dothraki dogs! I am your King!" Viserys yelled. Jorah road in on his horse.
"Shall we return to the Khalasar, Khaleesi?" Jorah asked. Dani nodded.

Riding on horseback through King's Landing, Ned and Jory arrive at the armorer.
"He said he'd be glad to talk to the Hand himself. He's a knight, you see." Jory said.
"A knight. They strut around like roosters down here. Even the ones who've never seen an arrow coming their way." Eddard said looking at the knight as they walk by.
"You shouldn't be out here, my Lord. There's no telling who has eyes where." Jory informed.
"Let them look." Ned descended from his horse and entered the black smith.

" The former Hand did call on me, my Lord, several times. I regret to say he did not honor me with his patronage." Tobho Mott said.
"What did Lord Arryn want?" Ned asked.
"He always came to see the boy." Mott informed.
"I'd like to see him as well." Ned said.
"As you wish, my Lord." Mott bowed. "Gendry!" Mott yelled to the boy. "Here he is. Strong for his age. He works hard. Show the Hand the helmet you made, lad." Mott said to Gendry. Gendry grabbed the helmet handing it to Lord Stark.
"This is fine work." Ned looked at the helmet.
"It's not for sale." Gendry spoke, with his head down.
"Boy, this is the King's Hand! If his lordship wants the helmet..." Mott argued.
"I made it for me." Gendry informed.
"Forgive him, my Lord." Mott looked at Ned.
"There's nothing to forgive." Ned looked at Mott. "When Lord Arryn came to visit you, what would you talk about? Eddard asked Gendry.
"He just asked me questions is all, my Lord." Gendry answered.
"What kind of questions?" Eddard continued. Gendry looked at Mott, who nodded.
"About my work at first, if I was being treated well, if I liked it here. But then he started asking me about my mother." Gendry explained.
"Your mother?" Ned raised a brow.
"Who she was, what she looked like." Gendry said.
"What did you tell him?" Eddard questioned.
"She died when I was little. She had yellow hair. She'd sing to me sometimes." Gendry said.
"Look at me." Eddard said. Gendry complies. Gendry had striking blue eyes. Ned looked at the boy. " Get back to work, lad." Ned said. Gendry bowed and went to work. "If the day ever comes when that boy'd rather wield a sword than forge one, you send him to me." Ned said as he walked to his horse.
"Find anything?" Jory asked.
"King Robert's bastard son." Ned mounted his horse.

In the east, Dani brushed Rhae's hair. Irri taught them Dothraki. She feels Daenerys' breast. Daenerys pulled away. She looked at Irri.
"Yes, Khaleesi." Irri said.
"What are you doing?" Dani whispered.
"When was last time you bled, Khaleesi?" Irri asked. Daenerys sat and thought. "You change, Khaleesi. It's a blessing from the Great Stallion." Irri said.
"I'm. I'm with the Khal's child?" She looked off into the tent. Rhaenyra turned around.
"You're going to have a baby?" Rhaenyra asked with curiosity. Dani looked at her with a smile.
"Yes. You are to be an aunt." Daenerys said.  Rhaenyra smiled. "

Daenerys and the horde have arrived to the Dothraki homeland.
"Vaes Dothrak. The city of the horselords." Jorah said.
"A pile of mud. Mud and shit and twigs ..." Viserys said. "...best these savages can do." He finished.
"These are my people now. You shouldn't call them savages." Daenerys said with confidence.
"I'll call them what I like, because they're my people. This is my army. Khal Drogo is marching the wrong way with my army." Viserys argued.
"If my brother was given an army of Dothraki, could you conquer the Seven Kingdoms?" Rhaenyra asked Jorah.
"The Dothraki have never crossed the Narrow Sea. They fear any water their horses can't drink." Jorah explains.
"But if they did?" Rhaenyra asked.
"King Robert is fool enough to meet them in open battle, but the men advising him are different." Jorah said.
"And you know these men?" Daenerys looked at Jorah.
"I fought beside them once, long ago. Now Ned Stark wants my head. He drove me from my land." Jorah informed.
"You sold slaves." Dani said.
"Aye."
"Why?" Rhae asked.
"I had no money and an expensive wife." He gave a sad smiled to the sisters.
"And where is she now?" Rhaenyra asked.
"In another place, with another man." Jorah looked onward.

After their bath, Viserys drags Doreah by her hair through the camp and into Daenerys' tent. Daenerys helped Rhaenyra with getting ready. The two turn in surprise as their brother rushes in.
"You send this whore to give me commands? I should have sent you back her head!" Viserys yelled.
"Forgive me, Khaleesi. I did as you asked." Doreah pleaded. Dani put her hand out in a calmly manner.
"Hush now. It's all right." Dani looked at Doreah. She turned to Irri. "Irri, take her and leave us." Daenerys said.
"Yes, Khaleesi." Irri bowed, taking Doreah away.
"Why did you hit her?!" Daenerys questioned.
"How many times do I have to tell you? You do not command me." Viserys hissed. Rhaenyra watched her sibling argue.
"I wasn't commanding you." Dani said calmly. "I just wanted to invite you to supper."
"What's this?" Viserys threw cloth at Dani and Rhaenyra. Dani hit them down.
"It's a gift. We had it made for you." Daenerys pointed to herself and Rhae.
"Dothraki rags? Are you going to dress me now?" Viserys asked offended.
"Please." Rhaenyra spoke, trying to stop the argument.
"This stinks of manure. All of it." Viserys complained, as he threw things around the tent.
"Stop - stop it." Dani barked.
"You would turn me into one of them, wouldn't you? Next you'll want to braid my hair." Their brother got in Dani's face.
"You've no right to a braid. You've won no victories yet." Daenerys said with venom.
"You do not talk back to me!" He leaned back offended.

Viserys hit Daenerys, as he mounts her to keep hitting her, she fends him off with a chain.
"Stop! Brother!" Rhaenyra tried to pull him off, but was back handed back Viserys.
"You are a horselord's slut. And now you've woken the dragon..." Viserys couldn't finish what he was going to say when Dani hit him with a gold belt. Daenerys stood.
"I am a Khaleesi of the Dothraki! I am the wife of the great Khal and I carry his son inside me. The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands." Daenerys threatened. Rhaenyra rushed to Daenerys.
"Sister?" Rhae questioned. Dani hugged Rhae.