Chapter 4: Momentary Paradise

"Ike—Ike! Hang in there Ike!"

Ellen, who left the battlefield carrying Westcott in a Voluntary Territory, constantly called out to him while applying hemostasis, pain relief, and accelerated healing.

Westcott's wounds were definitely fatal injuries, but it was a different matter when the person carrying him was the World's Strongest Wizard. Although it was not as powerful as the Medical Realizer Apparatus, Ellen's delicately woven Territory can still block his wounds to an extent.

Even so, that was just the physical aspects. Even if the wound healed well, no one knew if he would wake up again after losing consciousness. In order to not let this happen, Ellen continued to call out for Westcott.

"......Ah, I can hear you, Ellen."

Westcott made a weak but sure response, his trembling fingers touching his chest now stained in blood.

"......Fu, I see, so this is the feeling of a Sephira Crystal being extracted while still being alive. I've obtained valuable experience."

"Now's not the time to joke around......!"

As Ellen roared in a voice that was about to cry, Westcott smiled as if appreciating it. Then, he turned his attention to Artemisia right next him.

"......Well then, what's the current situation?"

"—<Deus> has returned. Also, it seems that <Nightmare> has entrusted her power to Itsuka Shidou, who is now heading to <Deus>'s location."

"......And <Goetia>?"

Westcott continued to ask. This time it was Ellen who responded back.

"......Right now, beside <Fraxinus>. Remote control has not been interrupted."

"......I see."

Listening to Ellen's words, Westcott nodded satisfactorily.

"—It's going well, is it not?"

Then, Westcott smiled.

As if—it seemed that everything was going according to plan.

  ◇

Above the sea of clouds, on the exterior of the aerial vessel <Fraxinus EX Celsior>, which was positioned in the skies like an enormous castle.

"Ku......"

As the captain in command of the warship, Kotori let out a small anguished groan, powerlessly kneeling down on the spot.

Following this, the Angel in her hands <Camael> and the Limited Astral Dress covering her body dissolved away into the air. The brave Spirit of fire returned back into a delicate young girl wearing a military uniform.

"Kotori!"

"Are you alright, Kotori-san?"

The Spirits and Mana gathered around her with a worried look. Kotori tried to nod calmly in order to make everyone feel at ease.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm not injured. —Just the time limit has been reached."

Kotori placed her hand against her chest to adjust her breathing. The Spirits and Mana all breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing that.

The Angel of fire <Camael> possessed by Kotori had tremendous destructive power and an irreconcilable recovery capacity. However, the price for using that power to long will cause a strong destructive impulse to sprout. For that reason, Kotori tried not manifest her Astral Dress or Angel as much as possible, and even in inevitable cases she would set a voluntary time limit on the battle.