Chapter 2: The Stage Curtain Rises For Those Two

──An hour had passed since Kurumi's visit to Shidou and the others.

In the briefing room of the airship <Fraxinus>, which floated 15,000 meters above Tenguu City, all of the Spirits had gathered from the Spirit mansion or their respective homes in the city.

Everyone was seated in a round table and dressed in pajamas covered by coats. Well, even if it could be abridged like that, there were wide variations from Miku's moko moko pajamas to the ink stains on the cuffs of Nia's shabby jacket.

To be honest, it didn't seem like a tense gathering, but it was only this time when everyone could convene together. Although they could have waited until the next morning, not even a single second could be squandered. And the most important part was to not let Tohka grow suspicious, so they had to do this while she was sleeping.

Additionally, Maria was told to investigate this world and Tohka at the same time. Mana was on standby on the warship in case of an emergency situation. The Fraxinus crew had also gathered on the bridge. This level of tension hadn't been seen on <Fraxinus> since the battle against Westcott.

"This world......is made by......Tohka-san?"

After a brief explanation of the situation.

The person who responded to Shidou with this question was Yoshino.

Her soft fluffy hair swayed a little as she inclined her head with widened eyes. Subsequently, the Yoshinon puppet on her left hand also flexibly made the same pose.

There was no fear or scorn in her expression. At best, it was on the level of confusion and bewilderment.

This wasn't just limited to Yoshino. Kaguya, Yuzuru, Mukuro, Nia, Miku, and Natsumi──all of the Spirits that gathered here had a similar look.

"What the hell are you saying, Shidou?"

"Agreement. What does this mean?"
"Fuuah......mun, apologizes......to be suddenly stirred awake by imōtogo."

"The world has been rewritten──is that why my manuscript is still blank!? Damn, even though it was completed in the original world! There's nothing that can be done about it since it was rewritten!"

"Ah, is that some sort of system? Well then, in the original world, Natsumi-san must have asked
me for a hug!?"

"......Impossible. That is completely impossible."

And so on, everyone was confused, yawning, or making incessant noise.

But that wasn't unreasonable either. It wasn't as if they disbelieved Shidou or couldn't hear this story, but being too far away from the norm they could only remained stunned. In fact, when Shidou first discovered the truth of this world from Kurumi, he also had a similar reaction.

However, under such circumstances, there was a person who quickly grasped the situation and sharpened her eyes──it was Origami.

"──Speak more in detail."

While speaking, she placed her elbows on the round table, pressing her fingers against each other while turning to look at Shidou.

Everyone else felt this unusual atmosphere as they stopped talking and also turned their attention to Shidou.

"......Aah. Actually──"

Shidou gently coughed a few times before beginning to speak.

He told them how Tohka took Mio's Sephira Crystal as it was about to disappear. And also──if this went on, Tohka would perish along with this world. "............"
"......How."