Final Chapter: Last Day Alive

In the end of the world, the sparkling grains of light rained down like snow bathed in moonlight.

Until a few seconds ago, 'Mio' and the remnants of the reiryoku that formed the huge sword spread a veil of color over the cracked sky.

There was no escaping this ruin. The end drew near. Shidou's eyesight was momentarily snatched away by the view. The scenery was a little bit too beautiful to decorate the end of the world.

In such a painting-like landscape, with her Astral Dress flickering and glimmering, Tohka slowly descended down.

With the Northern Lights serving as a backdrop from her figure, it was just like a Goddess sitting in heaven──or an angel who had come to rescue dead human souls.

"──Tohka."

Half-stunned, he called out her name.

Tohka slightly raised her chin in response to those words──

"──Hmm."

Then, with high pressure, she huffed from her nose.

He finally noticed it in that reaction. Tohka's mood was a little bit different than before.

"Tenka......?"

"Aah, I've borrowed this body for a while. Too bad for you that it is not Tohka."

"No, that isn't......"

Just as Shidou was about to speak, Tenka continued to interrupted him.

"As you can see, this is the limit. This world is over and you are released. Rejoice, that is what you wanted."

"Huh? Released......but Tenka rewrote the world......"

"The power to overwrite the world with the neighboring world is no longer left in that woman's
Sephira Crystal. ──Seems like <Rasiel> was the chief reason for stirring up your uneasiness."

While saying that, Tenka slightly shrugged her shoulders. Listening to that, Shidou said, "That Kurumi......" as sweat dripped down his cheeks.

However, he immediately reconsidered this. Certainly, the omniscient <Rasiel> made it possible
to understand this world. But at the same time, he knew that meant Mio's Sephira Crystal and Tohka's existence would soon disappear.

──Ah, that's right. Shidou understood. For this reason, Kurumi urged and sent Shidou to go on a last date with Tohka.

Suddenly, at that moment, Shidou was able to understand the meaning behind Kurumi's words. He recalled he was recommended to use <Zafkiel> rather than <Rasiel>. <Zafkiel>'s method wouldn't have uncovered any lies, but allowed one to personally re-experience one's own memories──more than that, the reason was that she didn't want to inform him of Tohka's time limit.

"......That girl."

For being called the "Worst Spirit", she was remarkably kind. Shidou breathed out as he shook
his forehead.

"............"

No, there was one more person who shouldn't be forgotten as very kind. He looked that way to Tenka's direction.

Playing the role of a villain, the Spirit that led to Shidou and Tohka's date.

"What's with that look?"

"No, it's nothing."

If such a thing is said, Tenka would become grumpy again. Shidou judged it to be that manner as he put a stop to his strained smile.

Although Tenka raised her eyebrow in suspicion, she kept talking as if saying, "Well, fine".

"I used that woman's power to no more just make a boundary. ──A world where time advances
differently than the real world."