Chapter 4: The Last One Standing Is

A mildly warm breeze past through his cheeks.

Even though it was clear that he need to wear his overcoat just a few days ago, walking around the streets of Tenguu City he could feel the arrival of a new season everywhere. The lawn began to turn green; flower buds were blooming on each tree......and what else but people wearing masks to avoid the pollen dancing in the air. With such things piling up, the scenery of the city gradually faded into the color of springtime.

Shidou and the others, having left the school, were walking alongside the road while looking at the surrounding scenery.

The route was the opposite direction from the road used to commutate to school and the front of the rail station. As they moved away from the school, the huge buildings and lanes became fewer in number. On the contrary, natural scenery likes trees and open fields increased.

Tohka and Tenka were walking besides both sides of Shidou respectively. Tohka's face lit up every time she saw something rare or unusual, twisting her neck and looking on in keen interest. From time to time, she would ask, "Ooh, Shidou what is that?" As that form of happiness was being conveyed, Tenka kept her lips closed without saying a word.

But──while not knowing how long they walked for, Tenka suddenly stopped while raising her
brow a little. Then, she raised her face as if looking at somewhere far in the distance.

"──This feeling......hmm, I see. Looks like the intuition of <Rasiel>'s host isn't too bad."

"Eh?"

As Tenka was muttering and whispering something, Shidou was unable to restrain replying in turn.

Consequently, Tenka distorted her eyebrows as she glanced over at Shidou.

"It doesn't matter. Don't mind me. You only have to look at Tohka."

"No, no, I can't do that. Even though it's a date with three people......"

"Humph."

As Shidou forced a smile with a bead of sweat dripped down his cheeks, Tenka once again huffed from her nose.

"Compared to this, isn't there something you wanted to show us? Don't waste Tohka's time."

And so, she spoke while seeming very dissatisfied. Then Tohka, who was listening to this, shook her head to refute this.

"It's not a waste, Tenka. So far, I'm having fun just walking on this road I've never been on before with Shidou and you. ──It's not a date because something has to happen. The moment of happiness of being with someone, that is a date."

"────So it's like that."

Tenka slightly opened her eyes, likely from never expecting Tohka to say such words. Tohka, unware of the change in expression from Tenka, puffed her chest in confidence.

"After all, I am the sempai when it comes to dates! I will teach Tenka all sorts of knowledge!
Because I am the sempai!"

"......Hmm. Then show it to me. The essence of a date."

Tenka said that while glancing to the side to Shidou.

"──So it's like this. You've narrowly escaped from death, human."

"Eeh, was I on the verge of dying just now?"
"Not just now. Remember that every move, every word, every deed, are all related to your life. Try and make Tohka just a little bit unhappy and that moment your head will be severed from your neck."

"Hey......"

With a dangerous warning pressed in a manner that he couldn't tell whether or not if it was a
joke, Shidou almost took a step back.